Dividing Plates for Yuasa 8" RT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dividing Plates for Yuasa 8" RT

I bought an almost brand new Yuasa RT off Ebay.
    Once I cleaned the table with a 3M pad, it looked like it was never used

I would like to make dividing plates for it and have an adequate lathe and a Bridgeport with an Acu-Rite 200M at work.

I don't know what size center hole and bolt pattern to use. Does anyone know off hand what size these are? Pictures in catalogues show a relatively small center hole with three bolt holes at 120 degrees, but I don't know the dimensions or spacing. I think I can get the rest from the Acu-rite... except maybe the overall diameter of the plate that is 'standard' with the purchased set.

Remove the hand crank and dail and see what is behind it my rotary table is similer and you have to remove the doil to install ihe index plates.

------------------
    Every Mans Work Is A Portrait of Him Self
    http://sites.google.com/site/machinistsite/TWO-BUDDIES
    http://s178.photobucket.com/user/lan...?sort=3&page=1

Comment

When I remove the crank, I find a shaft that measures 1.134 inches in diameter and it has 3 holes that arer 1.75 inches apart.

These numbers don't seem to lend themselves to anything recognizeable... I tried to convert them to metric, but still nothing logical as far as I could tell.

There must be a logical center hole diameter for the dividing plates that is reasonably larger than the center post at 1.134 inchess, but 1.25 seems unnecessarily big and 1.185 doesn't seem to be common either.

Comment

When I remove the crank, I find a shaft that measures 1.134 inches in diameter and it has 3 holes that arer 1.75 inches apart.

These numbers don't seem to lend themselves to anything recognizeable... I tried to convert them to metric, but still nothing logical as far as I could tell.

There must be a logical center hole diameter for the dividing plates that is reasonably larger than the center post at 1.134 inchess, but 1.25 seems unnecessarily big and 1.185 doesn't seem to be common either.

Comment

You could have had a set sent to ya by now. I've seen them new for $60. I don't think you can get stock, clean it, lay it out and drill it for that.

Comment

Working...
          X