HE'S Back, has anyone noticed??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HE'S Back, has anyone noticed??

The Grumpy Olde Farte aka Thrud has posted in the "crankshaft" thread.

WELCOME BACK, Dave !!!!!!

Sorry his post date in that thread was from 2003.

------------------
    -Christian D. Sokolowski

Comment

Dont feel bad I did that a month or so ago.

------------------
      The tame Wolf !

Comment

I always got a kick out of his screen name! It brings to mind an image. He ever tell anyone how it came about? He's was showing up less as I was just coming on. But I was here for quite a few of his post and enjoyed them.
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

As I seem to recall it comes from a superhero or a name from a war comic or game he did explain it I will ask him when I phone him as I do often .Alistair
          Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Here is a little info. He explains the origin thoroughly in another thread that I didn't find.

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//Fo...ML/003482.html

Comment

Actually, there was a thread quite a while back where many contibutors explained the reason and origin of their "screen name". I remember Dave telling of being a traveling worker for the IBEW (Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers ?) hence his old name of Ibewgypsie. Others were workplace nicknames and some were familial.

Comment

Joel posted exactly what I was thinking of while I was composing my response and taking a phone call. Way to go Joel, thanks for the link.

Comment

Sorry about that guys.

I'll share some of the blame with a.hebert
                  for dredging up an old thread :-)

Comment

Working...
                  X