help on old leblond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help on old leblond

I have an old leblond 16" lathe. I have looked repeatedly for a lot number or serial number. I have not found one.
    Was there any place other than on the tailstock end by the ways where this would have been marked ????
    The brass threading plate reads R.K.LeBlond Mach Tool Co. Cincinnati OH. 16 in Lathe.
    The lead screw is driven from a cone pulley arrangement being driven from a cone pulley arrangement off of the extreme left end of the machine. This tells me it is older than the gear box ones from the 20's.
    I can not post a picture directly onto this web site. (internet access administators here at work rules). If it would help I could send someone here a few photos directly to their email.
    Leblond/Makino in Cincinnati were of very little help. All they said was it was older than they had records for. I have been searching for some time on this and I think I have explored most of the sites (lathes.com etc) still no luck.
    Thanks in advance for any assistance you could provide.

One of the members here emailed me a leblond manual, running a regal.. it has your lathe in it.

Seems it is about 5 meg.

I have a 14"x30" regal
    Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

One of these might help (click the link):
      http://www.bbssystem.com/viewtopic.php?t=65

Comment

Both them are regals pdfs..

The picture he sent me looks nothing like a regal. Not sure what it is?
        Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

I've got an old Leblond '15" Heavy Duty'. It's a gear drive--probably from the 20's. I don't really know. I looked for a serial number on mine when I first got it last spring, but never found anything that looked like a serial number. It does seem to have a lot number or some such on it. There is a "H91", well not sure about the "H" part, but the "91" is there for sure in the location by the tailstock that you mentioned also on the cross-slide under the compound. It seems like I saw a "91" on my steady-rest, too. Not sure about that now. Anyway they didn't seem to be bashful about putting the lot# or model# on mine.

Have you cleaned all the dirt, rust, etc. off? Aren't there any numbers anywhere on it?

Jim

Comment

The only identifiable numbers are the threading speed guide and a tag "M138" which I am assuming is a companies asset identification tag.
            It is an all gear drive lathe, only cone pulley arrangements are for the lead screw.
            I do know it came out of Ohio as a used lathe sometime in the late 50's. My grandfather purchased it.
            They spared no iron when they created this lathe. Compared to my Logan it is a beast.
            Again I can not post photos here because of work policies. I will gladly send someone a photo via email if so desired. Maybe someone could post one for me ???

Comment

Have you posted at the Leblond group on Yahoo? I've got some pictures of mine over there. Here's a link if you're interested.

http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/Leb...os/browse/5f1b

You'll probably need to register over there to see the pics--sorry, I don't have any other pics to post.

Jim

Comment

Working...
              X