I think I just bought this lathe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I just bought this lathe.

Lots of dust and accessories included. 10x24-36 bed. A high-end as far as eBay prices but cheap for this area and No shipping! I'll pick it up Saturday.

All I need to do is find a place to put it until the shop addition is finished.

Congrats, on the lathe

I would offer you a blue tarp, but mine are all in use, or were sent down to FEMA land

------------------
    Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."
    Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."

Comment

Do you guys have a shortage of stable backfill over there?

Comment

Don't laugh; I might have to do just that. It comes with a high-tech, all-weather stand too.

Comment

The stand looks like one of those roadside park picnic tables. Concrete!

Comment

Ain't nothin wrong with that,would have been nice to get a quick change box,but there are modern options to replace that.

That steady looks real "steady"
            I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">That steady looks real "steady"</font>
              LOL... I won't be turning crankshafts with it. I'm just going to clean it up and use it for small parts/bushings. I still have the BIG China!

Oh yeah, I'll use it for cast iron stuff too. I hate that CI stuff. I won't have to worry about this one.

[This message has been edited by CCWKen (edited 02-02-2006).]

Comment

I'd like to see a closer pic of the steady rest when you can provide it.

I like the thin design. Steady rests only need to be rigid in one plane, since there should never be any side load on it. The one I have is much too wide, and it gets in the way.

Roger
                Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

One thing about a concrete stand, It shouldn't shake! I've often wondered if a large mass table would help any w/ chatter?

Comment

That is a 12" swing Craftsman. The raised compound is the tip off.

I don't think Atlas marketed this version.
                    Jim H.

Comment

http://www.lathes.co.uk/craftsman/page2.html

------------------
                      Bob Wright
                      Salem, Oh Birthplace of The Silver & Deming Drill
                      Bob Wright

Comment

I actually tried to buy back the lil craftsman lathe I had. It is not a Atlas, but the one with the turned metal sheet on the head. (not timken, but babbit headstock)

Chuck is a 1/2" thread, not a through hole.

Still, my idea was to make a dedicated tool sharpener out of it. The way the ways are made it is still tight.

I gave $200 for it the first time, he wants four for it. I told him he is confused. He traded me out of it with a old car deal. I made a few bucks on the car, he wants his share I think. He didn't put any work into it thou.

It is sitting in a open-shed. Exposed on one end, won't be worth much long.
                        Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Dave, You are looking for the AA 109xxx270 model from Sears. There is a guy in the atlas craftsman group that wants to sell one. I have his email address...Bob
                          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlas_craftsman/

------------------
                          Bob Wright
                          Bob Wright

Comment

Ken, that bed is longer than 36"
                            I'm pretty sure that's a 12x36, which means the bed length would be 54".

So what did you pay for it?
                            And what part of the country?

Rex
                            Fort Worth

Comment

AA:

I'm so broke at the moment I made some bolts the other day. Really.

It'll get better around here. MY health is returning.

That ole boy will turn the one here loose eventually, probably.. I will have to sit it on my milling machine and reface it I am sure.
                              He bent the headstock shaft trying to turn a backhoe pin. ( I finished the job here ) It's junk now. If he wants me to build him a new mainshaft I'll charge him what he wanted to mark the lathe up.. ha..

those lathes are not "real good". A unimat is as good. I remember it having about a half turn on both handles. A unimat would work as good for what I want. I could probably make what I want.

I'm so broke if it took a quarter to go around the world, I couldn't get across the street.

I got two pages of projects started in the shop, none are paying. All advance my shop capabilities thou.

The last thing I built to sell was the cnc bender. I still got it. Nobody wants a SMART bender that makes perfect bends. They just want to warp a pipe and maybe it'll work. I've ebayed it twice now.
                              Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Working...
                              X