New tool post grinder holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tool post grinder holder

I know childs play to most of you but I am getting there.

John;

Good looking and functional too. Can't beat that.

Regards

Comment

Bearings in dremel die easily.

Only problem I can see, put you a couple of inline bearings outward of dremel in a tube or plate, Solution Fixed.. no future problems.

I love my dremel. I think it is about 15 years old now. I have used it for all kinds of jobs totally unthought of.

I mounted a router on my cnc mill too. That is a overlooked high speed spindle laying in everyones toolbox.

I saw one at a engravers house, it had a cable drive on it for engraving, router was hanging in midair. They wanted too much for the foredom motor. He had a foot-speed control. I can't engrave with a turning tool. A hammer tool is what I like. preferably powered.
      Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Nice work John. Ya got to start somewhere.
        I chuck up a Harbor Fright pencil grinder in the tool post when I have to grind. Same concept, but I bet mine is just a bit louder. Have to wear ear plugs so that my ears dont ring when I go to bed.

Click for larger photo.

Cheers!
        rock-
        Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

I did the dremel thing years ago,you will eventually you will go to an air die grinder,If you are going to be useing it alot.
          BTW, what do you need one for?

------------------
          The tame Wolf !

Comment

I find it easier to use the Dremel flexible drive with the tool itself hung overhead. It fits my half inch boring bar holder. Also, being much narrower than the actual Dremel, it doesn't get in the way of small diameter grind wheels and sanders.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by David E Cofer:
              Bearings in dremel die easily.</font>
              Betchurass. I finally found a place out in California that has the right size replacements. They're only rated for 40,000 RPM, so I don't think they have enough over-design to last too long, but they work. A little noisier than the originals, but hey, I revived my old Dremel for about $10. I've got more of them, and I'll make you a nice deal on a set... The Dremel I installed them in looks exactly like the one in johnhurd's photos - I don't know if they fit any of the numerous other models.

-M
              The curse of having precise measuring tools is being able to actually see how imperfect everything is.

Comment

By the way, johnhurd - nice work, and worthy of copying.
                The curse of having precise measuring tools is being able to actually see how imperfect everything is.

Comment

Johnhurd:

I did a similar setup with a Makita electric die grinder. Worked great.

Cost me an hour of fabrication time. Lot cheeper than a Dumore.

Pete

Comment

The die grinder is next don't have a use every day but nice to have the set up when you need it..................Lets see your bracket for the die grinder.....

Comment

Working...
                    X