Shill bidding by the dumbest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shill bidding by the dumbest.

Okay I figured out the NEWEST E Bay SCAM!
    I figured this out last night and this morning. I was looking at the Leica GEOVID laserRangefinders on E-Bay. New, these are $1500-$2,000. The crook uses a valid users account, places the item for sale for a great price $500. The valid e-Bay account holder was 'Bloobirdz' with a good rating. Crook states "Buy-it-now" but to e-mail him through a e-mail link in the description, and NOT through the "Ask the seller a questions" link under the sellers name in the upper right hand corner.
    I looked up 'Bloobirdz' user info and past history of sales and types of items they typically sell. They were actually in the U.K. and primarily sold records, tapes, cd's etc. The crook advertised the Geovid was is Maryville, Kentucky, even though the legitimate account holder lives in the U.K.
    E-Bay caught onto something fishy about the auction and yanked it.
    This morning I did the same serach and found that the crook had done the same thing to another legitimate E-Bay customer.
    The only way to know if your user name is being used by scammers to sell items is to see if you have any items for sale through your account.
    Anyway, be wary. I am passing this on to E-Bay as well.
    Duke Reno / Yankee Metallic Metalcraft

Shill bidding by the dumbest.

Shopboy56 and Pawlet05 appear to be the same person. I didn't realize it until I got a winning bid notice from each (different items) and noticed the city was the same. Did some checking and Shopboy56 has the same address. Hmmmmmmm. After SB bid on Pawlet's items and won, eBay red lights went off and NaRU'd both.

I'm glad I got my stuff but it looks like this guy has won himself some time-off from eBay.

Added: AKA "rockclimber1956" and "pedroncelli7588:

[This message has been edited by CCWKen (edited 03-04-2006).]

Comment

What is "NaRU'd"?
      Dumbass crooks don't think too far ahead do they?
      I ALMOST just got TOOK on E-Bay myself. I was bidding on some Leica GEOVIDs for only $600 (a steal). While I was typing some questions to the seller, E Bay removed the item. I tried to find it by item # and the # was not valid, there are NO items even close to that high of a number.
      I swear I hate these internet crooks. If I got ripped off for $600 I would spend $6,000 to find them, and then get my $6,600 back.
      Duke Reno / Yankee Metallic Metalcraft

Comment

"Not a registered user"

I think ebay waits until they have money in "the bank" then freezes it until he/she can prove delivery of the item. I got the items without problems. When I went back to "My eBay" to leave feedback, both were flaged as Not a registered user". Can't leave feedback on those.

I have his real name but I won't post it. Folks should just watch out if any of the above names turn up. Yahoo and AOL were used for email.

Comment

Forgot to mention:

I did some searching on this and the other bbs because the names sounded familiar. I didn't find anything but I know I've seen the names before on some bbs.

Comment

Thanx for the Info. Ken.

------------------
            The tame Wolf !

Comment

Sometimes all them ebay checks they do on Ip numbers and cookies on computers don't work.

My wife has a ebay account, same computer as mine. She buys tupperware, I buy junk.

Her paypal account got turned off because of "suspicious activity" meaning more than one user on the computer.

She, however never did bid on my for sale items.

I did however sell a 1960's toy to someone north of me in my town once. I got accused by one ebay member of wrong doing but I gave him the phone number and he called him.

Want to see the idiot come out in people? post antique toys. Mechanical ones, old robots. Them ebay people go absolutely insane. Lots of money made in antique shops by buying on ebay and putting in a cabinet to sell locally.

A Garloo 1961 Monster-robot went for $700 on there. Kinda makes you want to take your kids toys and hide them in the attic.
              Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by YankeeMetallic:
                What is "NaRU'd"?
                Dumbass crooks don't think too far ahead do they?
                I ALMOST just got TOOK on E-Bay myself. I was bidding on some Leica GEOVIDs for only $600 (a steal). While I was typing some questions to the seller, E Bay removed the item. I tried to find it by item # and the # was not valid, there are NO items even close to that high of a number.
                I swear I hate these internet crooks. If I got ripped off for $600 I would spend $6,000 to find them, and then get my $6,600 back.
                </font>
                We're made of the same cloth ! I don't get overthings real easily. Just suggest anyone doing business that you have any doubts about to use the "Federal" postal service by using postal money orders. That makes it much easier for the post office to prove postal fraud. It don't hurt to tell the sellar why you're using the postal service as it protects both of you!

I've file one Postal Fraud complaint and after having waited 2 months I had my item within 1 week. I filed the claim on line, made a pdf file of the screen page and mailed it to the guy.
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CCWKen:
                  Shopboy56 and Pawlet05 appear to be the same person.
                  Added: AKA rockclimber1956 and pedroncelli7588
                  </font>
                  Shoboy56 gets three Google hits, one of which is NaRU on Feb 16 '06.

rockclimber1956 gets one Google hit, from July 2003 in a Yahoo group.

------------------
                  Leigh W3NLB
                  Leigh
                  The entire content of this post is copyright by, and is the sole property of, the author. No assignment
                  of title nor right of publication shall ensue from presentation of this material on any computer site.

Comment

eh, Ebay doesn't try too hard. I have six different Ebay accounts. One for bidding (though I recently changed which one I was bidding out of) and five for selling (different types of items...)

My parents have two...one for bidding, one for selling.

My brother has two, one for bidding, one for selling.

I have always worried a little, because once in a while my parents will have something I want. So, I will bid...sometimes from their computer (the jerks wont let me just have it Ebay would probably think I was a shill, if I didn't always pay with paypal.

So no, they dont care too much.

-Jacob

Comment

bump
                      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Working...
                      X