Paranormal occurrence, OT, but real

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paranormal occurrence, OT, but real

I did good till the honor guard gave me the Flag. Sentimental fool I am I blubbered like a child then.

Military did a excellent job, crisp, synchonized movements. I spoke to them before they unloaded the casket, they would not look at me, nor answer me. I thanked them all anyway.

I inherited a flag and a goverment model 45. Seems Dad paid a enourmous sum of $112? for it. That was when people made .50 a hour in the foundry.

A "Cofer" from the 101'st came down to oversee the service. He is a machinist from Northern Tennessee. I invited him down to play with my cnc/shop, he is out of touch a tad on modern machines, his eyes went a hue when I told him of our HOME shop projects, a sparkle came up.
    Cold blue eyes, His son is in Iraq. Seems he is a good man.

I will have to build a case for the flag, and the 200 year old indian blanket I got. I suck at working wood into pretty things. Hell I suck at making pretty metal tools too. I make them to use.

THEY sell for $250 on ebay, seems to be a good thing to make for people and sell. Just taking them around the funeral homes would be all right.

[This message has been edited by David E Cofer (edited 08-17-2001).]
    Excuse me, I farted.

Paranormal occurrence, OT, but real

My Father passed away, probably yesterday. He was laying dead in his bathroom.

See this post, no bull****, No exageration, for real.
    www.metalillness.com
    http://www.bbssystem.com/viewtopic.php?t=749
    <cut and pasted from site, yesterday>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:26 am Post subject: Strange day... Reply with quote
    This is the strangest day I have ever had in my life, things moving around me. Books flying off shelves, pages turning on notebooks, both ways.. My hair is sticking straight up like buckwheats.

NO luck on the shop computer.. I can't even get it to boot on the floppy, once it starts up, it changes the bios to boot from hard drive. I am fixin ta pull that hard drive completely out..

<END CUT and paste>

I am allright, Kinda wet eyed and sad. He was 84 or 85? Born in Rockwood Tn. to Coal miners in a mining camp. I just told my wife, she is tore up.

Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

My thoughts are with you during this trying time, David.

Comment

I am sorry for your loss.

Comment

David, sorry to hear of your Fathers passing. I wish you and your family strength to get thru these times of grief.
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

I am sorry for your loss and my prayers are with you. Gary P. Hansen
            In memory of Marine Engineer Paul Miller who gave his life for his country 7-19-2010 Helmand Province, Afghanistan. Freedom is not free, it is paid for with blood.

Comment

Dave sorry to hear about your Dads passing. He's headed to much better place. Seems like he's trying to get your attention before he goes.

[This message has been edited by Tinkerer (edited 03-02-2006).]
              Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

Comment

David, I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your father. My sympathies and hope for peace and comfort to you and your family.

Lynn

Comment

David -
                  I'm very sorry for your loss. My pop passed a little more than 10 years ago. It was a tough time. Best recommendation I can make is to take comfort with those you love and that love you. Be well.

-Mark
                  The curse of having precise measuring tools is being able to actually see how imperfect everything is.

Comment

David
                    I'm sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you.
                    Cam

Comment

Take care David. Give your wife a hug.
                      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Sorry to hear that sir. You and your's will be included in my prayers.

Comment

sorry to hear that David. been there, know the pain.

Comment

David , I know how you must feel,and am sorry for you.

Any thing in the will for ya'.

That was meant to make you smile.

------------------
                            The tame Wolf !

Comment

David, I too am sorry to hear about your loss. Chances are you may not see many of these for a few days, I would imagine a lot of things other than on here will be on your mind and requiring your time.

Make sure that you stop and look after yourself and your family the next while too, sometimes it's easy to push oneself beyond their limits when events such as this go on.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X