E Bay second chance offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E Bay second chance offer

I was bidding on a saddle, crossslide, compound, with large dials on E-bay today for my South Bend Lathe. It got too pricey for me so I quit bidding and let the other guy have it (for $2.50 more than my highest bid). About 1/2 hour later I get a second chance offer for my higest bid. I E-mailed the seller and asked if the first buyer backed out or if he had more than one, and if so to E-mail me photos of the one he wanted to sell me. So far, I have not heard back from him. Is there something here I am not seeing? Does this sound ledgit to you? Gary P. Hansen
    In memory of Marine Engineer Paul Miller who gave his life for his country 7-19-2010 Helmand Province, Afghanistan. Freedom is not free, it is paid for with blood.

Never mind! He E-mailed me and it is a second one and he will send photos. Gary P. Hansen
    In memory of Marine Engineer Paul Miller who gave his life for his country 7-19-2010 Helmand Province, Afghanistan. Freedom is not free, it is paid for with blood.

Comment

Ya gotta give them a chance, Those Ebay folks are busy and dont return emails the same day usually.

------------------
      The tame Wolf !

Comment

Be very wary of those 'second chance' offers. The majority of them are scams. Anyone can contact you via your E-Bay link, then pose as the seller and get your money.
        If your E Bay link sends messages to your e-mail address, and you respond to the second chance offer through your e-mail, then they can get your actual e-mail address and finish ripping you off through your e-mail. Then you won't be covered by E-Bay or PayPal. It's happened to me. The safest way is for the seller to relist the second item with a Buy It Now option, and give you the auction #. Just make sure the second auction has the same seller info listed.
        Duke Reno / Yankee Metallic Metalcraft

Comment

The second chance is not necessarily a scam.

The easiest way to check is to see if the offer came through eBay. There should be a copy in your My eBay Messages file. If it is not there, it is a scam. If it is there, it is already being handled as a Buy It Now by eBay, and there will be an auction only you can bid on.

The other method to verify anything from eBay that you may think is a scam is to forward it to [email protected]. They will respond almost immediately with an answer.

Jim H.

Comment

Working...
          X