Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• machinist in the army

does the army have jobs for machinists

Yes, but it would be very limited. Better try the Navy. By their nature they are dealing daily with the mechanics of keeping the machinery of the warships running. My military experience was Navy and I spent my time on carriers keeping radar systems in aircraft operating, but saw aspects of machining.
    That was 35 years ago and I'm sure a lot has changed. Probably more replacement than repair. I suspect that it is the same in the Army, but maybe somebody else on this board can fill us in on that.

Wes
    Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
    ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

yes, the us army corp of engineers, in the USA and in Iraq.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wes1:
        Yes, but it would be very limited. Better try the Navy. By their nature they are dealing daily with the mechanics of keeping the machinery of the warships running. My military experience was Navy and I spent my time on carriers keeping radar systems in aircraft operating, but saw aspects of machining.
        That was 35 years ago and I'm sure a lot has changed. Probably more replacement than repair. I suspect that it is the same in the Army, but maybe somebody else on this board can fill us in on that.

Wes
        </font>
        from what i've heard, they tend to cram one of everything on the ship when they go out and worry less about waiting on someone to whip something up when they need a quick fix.
        -paul

Comment

What a troll, keep feeding him guys.

Comment

posmer that makes more sense than to make a new part

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mochinist:
              What a troll, keep feeding him guys.</font>
              I think he is a kid, not a troll.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tattoomike68:
                I think he is a kid, not a troll.

</font>
                Trolls usually pose as kids in forums that are dominated by older generations, mainly because older guys are suckers for a kid that is interested in the same hobby as they are.

[This message has been edited by mochinist (edited 03-08-2006).]

Comment

mochinist you just need to take a long walk and calm dowm wow it funny how you old people REACT

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jarr88:
                    I am a troll</font>

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mochinist:
                      Trolls usually pose as kids in forums that are dominated by older generations, mainly because older guys are suckers for a kid that is interested in the same hobby as they are.

[This message has been edited by mochinist (edited 03-08-2006).]
                      </font>
                      uhh, i guess i'm a uninformed troll because my brother has been an electrician on navy subs and ships since right around the time i was born, which was a little under twenty years ago. he was on a carrier most recently and they do stock practically a whole new boat when they go out to sea. i guess they figure the time waiting for parts to get made when they need them is eliminated when they have one of everything on hand.

edit: doh!

[This message has been edited by psomero (edited 03-08-2006).]
                      -paul

Comment

trolls can fight it out here. I know what a troll is.

http://www.trollwars.com/forums/index.php

Comment

tattoo mikey mouse cant handle the heat
                          dont worry i will get you some water(hot that is ) hah ha ha

[This message has been edited by jarr88 (edited 03-08-2006).]

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jarr88:
                            tattoo mikey mouse cant handle the heat
                            dont worry i will get you some water(hot that is ) hah ha ha

[This message has been edited by jarr88 (edited 03-08-2006).]
                            </font>
                            now the kid is a troll, yawn, not a good troll, just a drunk kid.

Comment

yah i drunk kid you might think ,but you think you can make all these tough comments ,but they just get shot down ...
                              closing comment try agian

Comment

Working...
                              X