• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• torker
    replied
    Originally posted by jreinke
    Jar88,

I just retired from the Army and spent 22 of my 30 years in Army machine shops. The Army is trying is to figure out whether it really needs machinists or not, with the current trend leaning towards not. So, like WES1 said "GO NAVY!" That have the best machinist's school, over a year long, I believe. The Army, Air Force and Marines all get taught at Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Maryland, and for the most part, get the same training. The Army's is 16 weeks long, the Marines is a little longer, and the Air Force now adds CNC. If you want to serve your country AND be a michinist, the Navy is the way to go.
    That's all fine as long as the US navy is taking Canadians! The kid is from Alberta in case you didn't know.
    Now things change...
    I want to see how they run a lathe in the Canadian Navy. I know canoes are tippy at best but with a 4000 pound lathe in your canoe you are really going to have to plan your day carefully

Leave a comment:

• jreinke
    replied
    Machinist in the Army

Jar88,

I just retired from the Army and spent 22 of my 30 years in Army machine shops. The Army is trying is to figure out whether it really needs machinists or not, with the current trend leaning towards not. So, like WES1 said "GO NAVY!" That have the best machinist's school, over a year long, I believe. The Army, Air Force and Marines all get taught at Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Maryland, and for the most part, get the same training. The Army's is 16 weeks long, the Marines is a little longer, and the Air Force now adds CNC. If you want to serve your country AND be a michinist, the Navy is the way to go.

Leave a comment:

• newhobby
    replied
    May be a bit off topic but I had a friend who was on a heavy cruiser in the late 1960's who was doing firing practice in the Pacific on an island dotted with targets. He was told to hit building"x" and proceeded to use the firing control to zero in on the target. (they were anchored 2-3 miles off island). They fired the first round and hit about 75-100 yards low and several yards right. the old gunner on the deck with the headphones (who served in WWII with the fire control officer) call down, "Move her up a degree and a smidgen to the left." Before anyone could say a word the 8 incher roared again and the prop house on the island three miles away disappeared into a splash of smoke and sand. The ofc running the firing exercise had a fit! He said,"I told you to fire at the house, not destroy it." Now we gotta go rebuild it!! The old gunner said,"My orders were to hit it, so I hit it." Moral of the story:"Don't mess with men with gray hair who have been there and done it, even if they don't have the t-shirt!"

Leave a comment:

• Radmachine
    replied
    I was a machinist in the Navy 1966-1970. My rating was Machinery Repairman. I worked on a repair ship that did all sorts of work on the ships that couldn't carry a lot of spares. We also had an onboard foundry, pattern shop, optics shop, carpenter shop, office machine repair, torpedo shop, etc. I learned a helluva lot about repair work. Things may have changed since I got out, but if anyone wanted to be a machinist in the service, I'd tell them to check out the Navy first.

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied
    Jar,

If you were really looking for assistance from the members here you have ensured that won't happen. If you know anything about computers then you should also know that your IP address can be tracked.

Every time you view a thread where I have posted a picture you leave a record of that including your IP address and much more on my server. The moderator of this forum also has your IP and with ARIN it is easy to find out who your ISP is.

As for hacking computers, please don't make me laugh. It makes my jaw hurt.

I don't know the principal at the Vegreville Composite High School but I know who he is.

[This message has been edited by Evan (edited 03-10-2006).]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jarr888:
    by fake win you mean i am the king and you are the ant and i ****en step on you
    well in that case very well yes

come on you must have better come backs than those last ones -just rememeber when you got beat up at school what those kids said to you ....
    you cant remember because you where to busy crying for your mommy boo hoo
    </font>
    you silly child, I have been a member here for 4 years and am not going to get in trouble with neil again.

you can come over here and get spanked kiddo. you dont have the guts.

http://www.trollwars.com/forums/index.php

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    try harder you have lost every arguement on this form ,also you must like that work hard but it must go like this give it to me harder in the ass lol lol</font>
    To claim a fake win is the sign of a weak and immature troll, good job kiddo.

[This message has been edited by tattoomike68 (edited 03-09-2006).]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    by cute you mean by you am a vetran baby troll ,with no girlfriend you probobly have;t seen a real tit in your life quite sad mikey mouse</font>
    yawn. weak and lame.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    what your a Veteran troll with no ball sack we know
    ****en guy
    </font>

yawn , try harder .

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    also get a not so homo ass user name tattoo mickey mouse -since when did mickey mouse had tattos
    aka f*** retart
    </font>
    how cute!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    join the circus with the rest of your family you punk ass TRoll

got to love what comes out of your baby mouth
    </font>

sorry kiddo, Im a Veteran Troll but do not troll this site like a foolish kid.

get back on topic.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    oh brother! yawn.

Leave a comment:

• jarr888
    replied
    computers are really expensive to fix when they have a viruse on them that wipes out everything

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    mikey mouse watch what comes out of your mouse

ps. i know how to h--k computers

[This message has been edited by jarr888 (edited 03-09-2006).]
    </font>

yawn , red light comes out of my mouse.

you poor child .........

[This message has been edited by tattoomike68 (edited 03-09-2006).]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied