External Splined Shafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External Splined Shafts

My Friend has a Very Old Bulldozer at his Farm. It requires new Stubb Shafts Built. They are basic but have Splines on the outside Diameter. Any tips on Material and Machining Techniques would be Appreciated. Thanx Audrey

audrey, by any chance this dozer have a hydraulic cylinder or two missing/ damaged?
    Steve

Comment

This wouldn't happen to be a MeadSpeed Cat would it?
      My dad has one.
      Sid

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by docsteve66:
        audrey, by any chance this dozer have a hydraulic cylinder or two missing/ damaged?
        Steve
        </font>
        No It Doesnt have Hydraulic Cylinders Missing yet they All Leak and many of the parts are in Dire need of Some Help.
        It is the most Festered Piece of Junk I have ever Worked on. Ha Ha Audrey

Comment

audrey:
          4130 or 4140 case hardened, double tempered. Make it like the orginal would look like if it was not broken.

Bugs Bunny made me say it...
          Actually I was remembering "Sheridan's Ride" in "Bull of the Woods" - even funnier now!

Comment

Are you talking about a PTO? Similar to what one sees on farm tractors? If so, why not buy an adapter at a farm store and then you have the splines, but then all you have to do is weld the adaptor to the old shaft and perhaps machine the weld.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cliff Lawson:
              Are you talking about a PTO? Similar to what one sees on farm tractors? If so, why not buy an adapter at a farm store and then you have the splines, but then all you have to do is weld the adaptor to the old shaft and perhaps machine the weld.</font>
              No I was specifically saying a Bulldozer. Thanx Audrey

Comment

Working...
              X