names show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• names show

Any or fhis going to NAMES show in April. Looking forward too it.My buddy and I will be tbeir with what ever we can fit in his airplane.couple of engines an my mini mill.
    Every Mans Work Is A Portrait of Him Self
    http://sites.google.com/site/machinistsite/TWO-BUDDIES
    http://s178.photobucket.com/user/lan...?sort=3&page=1

I will have a couple of tables in the vendor's area. I'm taking anything I can fit in my pickup.

I am in the Toledo area, and if I can offer advice to anybody thinking about attending, contact me. Unforunately, space and room is limited, or I would offer a place to stay as well.

Jim H.

Comment

Post a link please.

------------------
      The tame Wolf !

Comment

http://www.modelengineeringsoc.com/

NAMES is the North American Model Engineering Society

Joy and I had hoped to go, but it didn't work out. Maybe next year :-(

Todd.

------------------
        Todd Snouffer
        Littlelocos Model Engineering
        Todd Snouffer
        Littlelocos Model Engineering
        www.LittleLocos.com

Comment

I won't be going, but I have gone a couple of past years.

If you've never been to a show (NAMES, PRIME, Cabin Feveer, ...), I encourage you to go to one at least once. It's a great experience to be in a hall full of kindred spirits.
          ----------
          Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
          Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
          Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
          There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
          Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
          Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

I will be there...Bob

------------------
            Bob Wright
            Salem, Oh Birthplace of The Silver & Deming Drill
            Bob Wright
            Salem, Oh Birthplace of The Silver & Deming Drill

Comment

I am planning on making the trip. It will be my first at NAMES. I am looking forward to it.
              JCHANNUM, there was a lot of talk on one of the other boards about the new location. How do you like the convention center where it is going to be held? What else is interesting to see in the area while I am there? Any info would be appreciated.
              Jonathan P.

Comment

Great show every year will be nice this year not to be on an ice rink. With the ice under fake flooring. Have been helping set up the show and take down for a number of years. worked the groups sales table last year. Always something there to completely tye your mind in Knots with some people do.
                Don't know why it is not being held in Dayton area like it was going to but Klingerville works for me. Will be down for the week before for set up and the weekend of the show. Daughter lives and works in Toledo. If you can come on to the show. There is room to move around and not like it was in the begining at the Yak areana were you could only move in the direction of the herd moving.

------------------
                Glen
                Been there, probally broke it doing that
                Glen
                Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
                I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
                All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

I will be there. Leaving CT the weekend before and driving to Toledo by way of D.C., Antietem, Harpers Ferry and maybe Bedford VA where the gorgeous D-Day Memorial is. I have written the Henry Ford asking permission to step "behind the railings" in the Greenfield Village Armington and Syms Machine shop to take photos but have not heard back from them yet. The wife is plotting a side trip to Bronners Christmas World in Frankenmuth MI. She figures if she is within 500 miles that is close enough for a side trip.

A cople other members of the New England Model Engineering Society are planning to take the train from Boston to Toledo.

See you in April!

------------------
                  Errol Groff

Instructor, Manufacturing Technology
                  H.H. Ellis Technical High School
                  613 Upper Maple Street
                  Danielson, CT 06239

New England Model engineering Society
                  www.neme-s.org
                  Errol Groff

New England Model Engineering Society
                  http://neme-s.org/

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GroffErrol?feature=mhee

Comment

The Convention Center is centrally located in downtown Toledo, and is very nicely set up. It has been the home of the Weak Signals RC show for many years, and hopefully will be the home of the NAMES show as well.

NAMES was never scheduled to be in Dayton, but was to have moved to Bowling Green, OH this year. Unfortunately, the hall was sold out from under them. They had to scramble to get the Convention Center, but it will end up being a much better location than any of the others.

Toledo is a nice town, plenty of good restaraunts and motels in the area. It has a very nice zoo, a world class art museum, and COSI is only a couple of blocks from the Convention Center, so there are plenty of things for Mom & the kids to do while you are at the show.

The Henry Ford Museum is only about 60 miles away, and is a must see if possible. Plan on a day for the museum and another day for Greenfield Village.

Bronners is a little farther, but will let you do penance for dragging her to the show.
                    Jim H.

Comment

Seems John Denver had a song which said "I spent a week in Toledo one night." Seriously, though, I would like to be there for NAMES, but don't know whether I will make it. Went to one at Southgate a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. Charles

Comment

Errol while you are on your way to or from Bomnners. Check out Always Christmas and Caterbury Village Here is the web link.
                        http://www.canterburyvillage.com/
                        Located in Lake Orion Mi. at 2369 Joslyn Court
                        off of I 75 and just take the joslyn road exit and head north. its at the exit for a big mall at I-75 Great Lakes Crossing they sort of ripped off the Lionel style and colors for their signage. The christmas store is amazing. The rest is mostly over priced independent shops. The restaurants are way overpriced and the food isn't great. Shop but eat some where else. Hope this helps.

------------------
                        Glen
                        Been there, probally broke it doing that
                        Glen
                        Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
                        I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
                        All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

Need less to say I will be there. If I can help any one out I will. I know there where some people that brought there campers to the old site. At this one it mit be hard to park one on the site. Normal downtown type parking
                          David

Comment

I will be going, probably for one day rather than both, as it it is a little farther to drive now from here.

Wes
                            Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
                            ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

I'll also be there at a vendor table for Tallgrass Tools and hope to have some more interesting items, some for sale, some for fun and conversation.

jan
                              "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                              X