Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange eBay auction

Check this lathe auction, 7600685646

Am I the only one who thinks it is strange?
    Short time, cheap price, you have to email the seller before bidding, private bidder list...?

The guy's been around for a while, and at a glance, his feedback seems ok. I dropped an email asking for particulars, and I'll let everyone know if/what I hear back.

It does seem like a suspiciously good deal - I wonder what's up. Heh, heh. Time's a little short to inspect the machine in person, too.
    The curse of having precise measuring tools is being able to actually see how imperfect everything is.

Comment

YES IT IS A SCAM! It is exactly what I reported in the post below:
      Yes it was an E-Bay scam (from another post by CCWKen )
      I gaurantee you patfenlon has no clue this is on his account for sale.
      Duke Reno / Yankee Metallic Metalcraft

Comment

Well guess what I just found!

http://cgi.ebay.com/15-x-50-CLAUSING...QQcmdZViewItem

I've seen this happen to Machinery Values auctions before, as have we here.

The curse of having precise measuring tools is being able to actually see how imperfect everything is.

Comment

7600685646 is no longer an eBay item.

It looks like "patfenlon" hasn't bought or sold anything since December of 2005. The account was probably hijacked.

Just a reminder folks--Do NOT log into eBay or Paypal from an email link!

Comment

My philosophy is don't log into E-bay at all.
            Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CCWKen:
              Just a reminder folks--Do NOT log into eBay or Paypal from an email link!</font>
              Second that. It is very risky practice to follow any link sent to you in an email. The reason is that the link may appear to be one thing or going to one particular place, but the actual destination can be hidden very easily.

The listing we were talking about was a fraud and eBay took it down. It even magically disappeared from my watch list - never saw that happen before.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CCWKen:
                7600685646 is no longer an eBay item.
                </font>
                I sent the account holder a, "Check your account notice". I sent the scammer a NastyGram as well.
                Duke Reno / Yankee Metallic Metalcraft

Comment

Oh boy. Images of ppppowerbook come to mind. I got this email a short while ago from the fraudster:

Should I string "Frank" along? (or is it Robert?)

I could offer to pay in cash, in person, but not in the UK. Hee hee.

Comment

Oh, and dig the "free shipping". Wow, cool - what a deal!

Comment

well he's sold me - i gotta have that lathe, boy what a deal, free shipping arranged by him while "in uk on honeymoon" - lol

Comment

Working...
                      X