Backplate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backplate

A while back there was a thread that recommended a company that had unfinished backplates. I have searched but with no luck. Anyone remember or know the name of the company? Thanks

Look here

http://www.victornet.com/

Comment

"The usual suspects" (Travers www.travers.com, MSC www.mscdirect.com, etc.) carry Bison backplates.
      ----------
      Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
      Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
      Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
      There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
      Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
      Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

Sprint car driver:
        I was involved in a thread on looking for a source for cast iron for back plates and someone suggested Victor Machinery (see above site posted by Larry Nicks) They have a 6" by 1/2" thick rough back plate for $12.50. I have made two out of cast iron free weights that turned out ok. The reason you probably didn't find the other thread is that I mistyped cast iron and couldn't chang it so numerous responces said "cast iton" (I think).
        I paid about $6 for the 10# cast iron free weights at Big 5 Sporting Goods here in California.

------------------
        Dick
        Dick

Comment

SprintCarDriver:

The Bison brand backplates are high quality cast iron, well seasoned, and well worth the money. If you have a threaded nose and want the best fit get an unmachined blank to fit it perfectly to your spindle. For the taper lock type(A & L spindles) and the Camlock (D1-4 etc.) buy the semi-finished. They are properly machined to fit the spindles and will only require machining the backplate surface to mount the chuck only.

Comment

Working...
          X