Evan (cnc mill)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evan (cnc mill)

hey,Evan i was going through the past post in this form, and i was interested by your project(mill head).Are you going to post any more pictures looks great.i have one more question what kind of bearings did you use for the mill table thanks...

I'm working on it. I took a little side trip to make the hobber/slotter because I needed to make some gear pulleys for the mill. I used it to make one last night and it was a pleasure to use. The pulley turned out perfectly and didn't take all that long to do.

I'm not going to post any more pics of the mill project until is is close to complete, so it will be a while. I still have quite a bit to do including finishing the linear bearings which are bearing bronze on the bottom rails and will be teflon for the rest. I still must build all the electronics and interfaces for the computer. I have all the parts to complete the project so all it will take is time.

We are rapidly approaching spring breakup here and that is when the shop time dwindles to almost nothing. I have managed to do a lot this winter but my rate of progress is also determined by my disability, fibromyalgia. This slows me down when the pain is too much and I have to take frequent rest breaks. I have a lot of other work to do around the property and will have to budget my available physical endurance accordingly.

Thanks for asking.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

hey evan for the mill spindle did you have to cut a slot on the spindle to hold the pully on it (set screw)
      more questions
      -what is the outer bore for the spindle
      so a person could put on a pully
      -for the milling table u used pillow block bearings
      -what is the milling table size
      -on the z axis how much travel do you have,
      could you tell me what you used on the z axis for the shaft end holders .

[This message has been edited by level head (edited 03-18-2006).]

Comment

Hmmm. You sound familiar. Too many questions for me to answer right now. If you look at my previous posts most of the answers are there.
        Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

deja vu all over again...
          -paul

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by psomero:
            deja vu all over again...</font>
            Yup...I'm thinking the same thing.

I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

Let's give him another chance,he does seem to be genuinely interested,and his grammar and spelling have improved,so he is at least trying.Like Torker said in a previous post,he doesn't have his face stuffed in a video game.
              Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
              Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Or playin rap music!
                Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

&lt;sniff sniff&gt; hmm i smell something familiar

"levelhead" could i suggest doing a internet search or etc for a parts break down of a milling machine? I know the parts list for my machine has very detailed drawings. Rather than trying to reinvent the wheel, you might be better taking a look at these. It might give you some ideas about dimensions, etc and what exactly it should look like when your finished. Good luck and have fun.

[This message has been edited by Fasttrack (edited 03-19-2006).]

Comment

Bevelhead?
                    "four to tow, two to go"

Comment

seem like resonable questions to me, even if he is the previous poster. I would hope I would get help/directon with similar questions.
                      scott
                      "Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

My shop tour www.plastikosmd.com

Comment

Empty head.

------------------
                        The tame Wolf !

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Willy:
                          Let's give him another chance,he does seem to be genuinely interested,and his grammar and spelling have improved,so he is at least trying.Like Torker said in a previous post,he doesn't have his face stuffed in a video game.</font>
                          what do you have against video games?

can't think of many other projects that could have possibly gotten me into embedded electronics...
                          -paul

Comment

To heck with forum and group Nyms. I think everybody should be identified by their IP address. Sure, that could also be spoofed or redirected but that would also be obvious so as to throw up a red flag re: trollin kids...JRouche
                            My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JRouche:
                              To heck with forum and group Nyms. I think everybody should be identified by their IP address. Sure, that could also be spoofed or redirected but that would also be obvious so as to throw up a red flag re: trollin kids...JRouche</font>
                              blacklisting people due to IP isn't entirely fair.

first, a vast majority of ISPs give out dynamic IP addresses, which change every time you reconnect to the service. some people will ban an entire subnet (range of IPs the provider owns and the troll will potentially be on) to get around this, but this also results in any other person on this subnet being banned. it's not nice to exclude a decent person from the group just because the snotnose kid down the street has serious respect and grammar issues.

second, as you stated, it's damn easy to get access to a proxy server in order to fool the board server anyways...
                              -paul

Comment

Working...
                              X