Source for hand powered grinder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for hand powered grinder?

Where can I get one of those simple hand powered grinders that clamps to a bench top? I'd like one that can handle a 6"x3/4" grind stone.

Thanks,
    Dan

Email me.

------------------
    The tame Wolf !

Comment

Email is on its way!

Comment

China. I have one from the very early days. I never used it much and you could have it but the shipping would be more than it is worth. It does work.
        Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Evan,

I sent you an email too. Is you mail server accepting emails from hotmail users today?

Dan

Comment

Yep. Check your mail. I'll post a pic later.

Comment

There is a mail order catalog that the Amish use, I have a few copies, somewhere. I can't recall the name, but I does show up on the news stands. I think the store located in the midwest. I want to say it begins with "L".

People tell me memory is the first thing to go

------------------
              Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."
              Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."

Comment

TECHSHOP,

It's Lehman's Hardware. They're the first place I checked. They used to carry them but not any more.

[This message has been edited by pgmrdan (edited 03-13-2006).]

Comment

Flea market/junk store had one on the shelf last week about that sized wheel. needed some tlc.

------------------
                  Glen
                  Been there, probally broke it doing that
                  Glen
                  Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
                  I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
                  All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

Dan,
                    This is what you're looking for right?
                    It will only mount a 4" wheel and it need a good cleanup, but if you want it, let me know.

Alex
                    Alex

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pgmrdan:
                      TECHSHOP,

It's Lehman's Hardware. They're the first place I checked. They used to carry them but not any more.

[This message has been edited by pgmrdan (edited 03-13-2006).]
                      </font>
                      Did you try the Cumberland General Store?

Their website was all screwy last time I looked, but I think they sold what you're looking for.

HTRN

------------------
                      This Old Shed
                      EGO partum , proinde EGO sum

Comment

Course you could make one
                        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Here is the one I have, also a small wheel.

Comment

Dan,

Out of curiosity, why do you want one? I guess you have power in your shop...

The last time I used one of those was about 35 years ago - and I hated it! The thing had a 4" wheel and I could never grind a thing with it.

Ian
                            All of the gear, no idea...

Comment

Ian,

I knew someone would ask eventually.

I have a power grinder, an assortment of files, and a good assortment of sharpening stones. I have some edge tools that could use a slight hollow grind. I don't want to use a power grinder for fear of burning an edge.

James Krenov and David Finck are big proponents of using hand grinders with an accurate homemade angle guide. I want to give it a try.

-Dan

[This message has been edited by pgmrdan (edited 03-14-2006).]

Comment

Working...
                              X