Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Me A New SouthBend For A $100, Anybody Know What Model It Is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Me A New SouthBend For A $100, Anybody Know What Model It Is?

Well, I guess it's not a new one but its gona look like new sometime in the future. Its got the power cross slide but no quick change gear box. I'm assuming its the 9B. Its also got the small through hole. It came with the tailstock and all the change gears. Can anybody give me a link to a picture of a complete unit so I can figure out whats missing. I believe theres a guard over the change gears. Is there a cover for the belts. I cant feel any ridges on the ways, and the carrage has the same amount of play the whole length of the bed. Hopefully this isn't a trashed bed, well see soon. Here is a link to some pics. http://photos.yahoo.com/rtudan

[This message has been edited by cl5man (edited 01-10-2003).]

Check the southbendlathe group on yahoo. They
    should be able to help. It does sound like a B.

Comment

cl5man,

Ummmmm, where's da pictures? I clicked on the link and it said the photo album was empty. (Don't tease us. We're all a bunch of voyeurs )

Greg

[This message has been edited by 3jaw (edited 01-10-2003).]
      "The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is." Winston Churchill

Comment

I just clicked on the link, then clicked on the picture of the "folder", and it worked fine.

Comment

Hmm, For some strange reason I'm not seeing a folder when I click on the link.

I'm probably doing something wrong as usual.
          "The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is." Winston Churchill

Comment

I don't see the pictures either. Maybe you have to be logged in to Yahoo?

Comment

Working...
            X