WORLDLY opinion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WORLDLY opinion...

I have checked through a good part of the threads and I have seen nothing about this...

I hope no one minds me asking (since we have somewhat of an international forum here)...

What do we make of this current situation with the US, IRAQ AND KOREA?

I would love to hear the opinions.

Myself, the US should have fixed the Sadam thing 10 years ago. I fear that Korea is getting out of hand because the US is pre occupied with the mid east.

I fear that things are not going to get any pretty in the soon future.

talk amongst yourselves...

Bob

I could not agree more with you, I would really really like to hear other people's opinions of this. I really think no matter what we are going to war with Iraq. I was shocked to see on the History channel where they were talking about the Gulf war. That some of stormin Norm's advisors openly said that Norm screwed up not getting more aggresive with the Republican Guard. Of course they were all retired so it was safe for them to bitch.
    Anyway any opinion on this would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

If we go into Iraq, I want to see hard evidence of their WMDs the minute after the first bomb hits. Political rhetoric is not enough to jeopardize the lives of our sons and daughters and neither is oil. Don't ever discount the oil / money part of the equation.

N. Korea is talking like a bunch of punks. Hopefully political and economic pressure will help them to see the light ... along with some reassurance that they will not be leveled without reason.

We have a real mess out there. Things will work out all right as long as we balance respect for human life along with our need to destroy enemies who threaten us but will not negotiate.

Rather talk about making chips.

Comment

We did the right thing in 1991 because we believed that Saddam would react in a sane way. He didn't and now we understand he is not "normal" and must be destroyed. We would have been wrong to go on to Bagdad in 1991, and world opinion would have been almost totally against us. Had we gone on I almost certainly wouldn't be telling you my opinion as we were looking at their tanks at the time we were called back from the convoy control mission. The Koreans are best dealt with using their own tactics, i.e. absolutly no retreat from any statement or position. Anything else they take as weakness. I think we will be killing Koreans again soon if diplomats are allowed to "discuss issues." The world will be better served if South K. is allowed to call the shots in that situation, we do not have enough folks that truly understand the mentality to be able to send messages they will understand and believe.

I served in Korea from 1976 to 1979 and Desert Shield/Storm from August 1990 to July 1991
        Craig

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nheng:
          If we go into Iraq, I want to see hard evidence of their WMDs the minute after the first bomb hits. Political rhetoric is not enough to jeopardize the lives of our sons and daughters and neither is oil. Don't ever discount the oil / money part of the equation.

We're still looking for the stuff they hid from the inspectors from last time the UN was kicked out.I don't have a list in front of me but it included some nasty biological stuff and some neauclear material.
          The europeans depend on Iraqi oil the US doen't. For them its about oil. The US technically has never been at peace with Iraq

N. Korea is talking like a bunch of punks. Hopefully political and economic pressure will help them to see the light ... along with some reassurance that they will not be leveled without reason.

N Korea is a culture in decline. Fully half their population is literally starving to death.Kim Il Jong has no position to bargain from. His pityful supply of nukes can be neutralized the way the isrealis took out that Iraqi reactor.China won't stand up for them because China has more to lose by alienating the US,its biggest trading partner.Unfortunately Kim Il Jong does not listen to reason. He will however, respond to a show of strength.

We have a real mess out there. Things will work out all right as long as we balance respect for human life along with our need to destroy enemies who threaten us but will not negotiate.

Rather talk about making chips.
          </font>

I agree. I come here to talk machining, not politics.

Comment

Working...
          X