William F. Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William F. Green

Does anyone know if William F. Green the cannon plan guy is still around or how to get a hold of him?

Douglas

He retired eight or nine years ago. I don't know if he pased his plans on to anyone, but I have not seen any. I have several, but would like to get a set for the mountain howitzer.
    Jim H.

Comment

He was already retired, I believe, back in 1984 when his 4 part article on building a scale model of a 42 pounder came out in Modeltec Magazine. Like you, I would like to get a copy of his plans.

Comment

Gentlemen,

It may be worse than that. While looking around the internet for Mr. Green I found a an obituary for a William F. Green age 80 of Shalimar, Florida. He was from Shalimar, and that would be a good reason for his plans n ot being available

Right now everything I have is in storage. I have plans for the mountain howitzer, Parrot rifle, the Dictator and the 1841 Howitzer on navel gun carriage from the U.S.S. Cairo.

The Mountain Howitzer, the Dictator plans are nice and newish. The Parrot rifle and 1841 plans are all greasy

I don't know how long my stuff will be in storage. It depends on how long it takes my Montana house to sell and how long it takes us to find a place in northern Virginia.

If we cannot locate a source for Mr. Greens plans. I am willing to share mine.

Douglas

[This message has been edited by Double D (edited 01-12-2003).]

Comment

I also would be willing to share and swap my plans. Due to copyright, etc. I don't wish to sell, but will share for copying and mailing costs.
          Jerry Howell also has a very nice set of plans for a naval gun available. www.jerry-howell.com
          Jim H.

Comment

Working...
          X