Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New format

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by CCWKen View Post
    How does one stay logged on? It's not working for me. Do I need to delete the old cookie and let it rewrite a new one or has the name changed?
    The first couple of times I had to log on anew, but afterward I've stayed logged on. ...didn't (knowingly) do anything to bring that about.
    That was pretty much my experience on the old system - stay logged on for months, then for a few days/weeks have to log on each visit.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by old mart View Post
      That elusive "last post" button was found by A K Boomer in post 14.

      When you find a thread you want to use in the list in, say "general", then the pair of blue ticks at the far right jump you straight to the last post.


      I feel that "last post button" should be just to the right of the post title on the topics page instead of next to the name. Not sure if it can be moved or not. Just seems to be in a odd place where it is now.
      Andy

      Comment


      • #48
        I am happy with the new software. Was never able to get photos posted from my ipad 1 with the old software. Not a problem with the new. Very much appreciated, George. Thanks.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by CCWKen View Post
          How does one stay logged on? It's not working for me. Do I need to delete the old cookie and let it rewrite a new one or has the name changed?
          Click the "Remember Me" checkbox prior to logging in.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by RichR View Post

            Click the "Remember Me" checkbox prior to logging in.
            That's obvious. I said it's not working for me. I run CCleaner every day and was thinking the cookie name changed. It worked this time but we'll see tomorrow.

            Comment


            • #51
              I'm getting used to it.
              It seems faster.
              I think once everything is sorted it will be far superior to the old format.
              The photo album stuff already looks easier so i'll look into that and add to to it later.
              Thank you George for your time & effort, well done.
              Keep up the good work.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by thaiguzzi View Post
                I'm getting used to it.
                It seems faster.
                I think once everything is sorted it will be far superior to the old format.
                The photo album stuff already looks easier so i'll look into that and add to to it later.
                Thank you George for your time & effort, well done.
                Keep up the good work.
                Yes, totally agree. It will never be completely like the old software and that`s good as it has been a nightmare for George and Village Press to try and keep it functional.
                We`ll just have to adjust to some of the differences and in the mean time I`m sure IT will be able to tweak it a bit here and there to accommodate a few popular requests.

                One thing I have noticed though that concerns me a bit is that when looking at ``Who`s Online`` the number of members is way down from what I usually see.
                Not sure what`s going on there but it has been surprisingly low since the change.

                And remember George, when receiving suggestions and advice as to what is needed, keep this picture in the back of your thoughts.LOL


                Click image for larger version

Name:	Old Coots.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	1834857
                Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by CCWKen View Post

                  That's obvious. I said it's not working for me. I run CCleaner every day and was thinking the cookie name changed. It worked this time but we'll see tomorrow.
                  CCCleaner might be wiping it, depending on your settings.
                  1601

                  Keep eye on ball.
                  Hashim Khan

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Hi George,

                    Thanks for all that you do to keep this forum going and for keeping us in line!

                    I really like how fast every page loads now but it seems that I have lost a lot of folders that I had in my Photo Album. When I right clicked on some of the photos in past threads that I know were in the lost albums, I can get a location, so they must still be around somewhere.

                    That's the only glitch I have found. I hope that it doesn't turn into a big time consumer for you.
                    Last edited by jhe.1973; 10-22-2019, 04:27 AM.
                    Best wishes to ya’ll.

                    Sincerely,

                    Jim

                    "To invent you need a good imagination and a pile of junk" - Thomas Edison

                    "I've always wanted to get a job as a procrastinator but I keep putting off going out to find one so I guess I'll never realize my life's dream. Frustrating!" - Me

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by J Tiers View Post

                      CCCleaner might be wiping it, depending on your settings.
                      It worked this morning. I have a list of names that are saved (not deleted) in CCleaner. That's why I wondered if the cookie name changed. Someone above mentioned it may take a few tries. CCleaner works great for flushing "the toilet" on work space and needless cookies. I run it ever day, at least once.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        So is there a way to darken things up some? it's too cheery for me I would like it a little more subdued and dismal with maybe a touch of the end of the world type feel to it, thanks

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Willy, I think the decrease in the number of people on line may be due to changes in the URL of the entry page that people use. I got an "unavailable" screen for several days. I was using the General forum for my entrance point and apparently that URL has changed. When I backed up to just "homeshopmachinist.net" I was able to get back in.

                          Problem is, how do we tell those who are not back that this may be necessary? Perhaps George could direct URLs like this to a page that has instructions on this.

                          https://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/forum.php



                          Originally posted by Willy View Post

                          Yes, totally agree. It will never be completely like the old software and that`s good as it has been a nightmare for George and Village Press to try and keep it functional.
                          We`ll just have to adjust to some of the differences and in the mean time I`m sure IT will be able to tweak it a bit here and there to accommodate a few popular requests.

                          One thing I have noticed though that concerns me a bit is that when looking at ``Who`s Online`` the number of members is way down from what I usually see.
                          Not sure what`s going on there but it has been surprisingly low since the change.

                          And remember George, when receiving suggestions and advice as to what is needed, keep this picture in the back of your thoughts.LOL


                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Old Coots.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	1834857
                          Paul A.

                          Make it fit.
                          You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by vpt View Post



                            I feel that "last post button" should be just to the right of the post title on the topics page instead of next to the name. Not sure if it can be moved or not. Just seems to be in a odd place where it is now.
                            That button is actual a "go to first new post" shortcut, rather than a path to the end of a topic. Pretty handy, as it allows you to skip all the stuff you read, but not really the same as bringing you to the end of a thread, or "topic" as they are now called. I've come up empty in my search for a way to get a "last post" button and it very well may be one of those things that is not available.
                            George

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by jhe.1973 View Post
                              Hi George,

                              Thanks for all that you do to keep this forum going and for keeping us in line!

                              I really like how fast every page loads now but it seems that I have lost a lot of folders that I had in my Photo Album. When I right clicked on some of the photos in past threads that I know were in the lost albums, I can get a location, so they must still be around somewhere.

                              That's the only glitch I have found. I hope that it doesn't turn into a big time consumer for you.
                              I've got the photo album glitch on my list of things to look into. There are a lot of settings regarding the albums and one of them may have changed in the switch.
                              George

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Willy View Post


                                One thing I have noticed though that concerns me a bit is that when looking at ``Who`s Online`` the number of members is way down from what I usually see.
                                Not sure what`s going on there but it has been surprisingly low since the change.

                                Thanks for the photo, I'll hold onto that one.

                                I too noticed that the member numbers are down and I'm sure that Paul's suggestion of people having trouble getting on from there bookmarks is a big part of it. We've been getting a lot of calls about it.

                                Another factor may be the problem that Ken is facing; people getting logged out. Not sure why that is happening, but things are no longer on our server and there very well may be some updates or other things going on there.

                                George

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X