Fusion 360 new pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion 360 new pricing

Well, I just subscribed for 310$ a year, will stay at 310$ a year as long as you renew. Technically didn't have to do it, but they changed their rules for hobbyists. Guess this means Solidworks through the EAA is cheaper.
    The sale ends Oct 31st for Fusion. I use the software daily, so what ever...

I just replied to the "personal assistance" email. If they still have the free personal license I'll keep it. But for what I do I can't say it's worth the cost to me. Heck, I started learning to use it last winter/early spring but then left it over the summer. Still need to learn more about how best to use it before I can even use it.
    Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
      but they changed their rules for hobbyists
      Not surprised. Don't bet on your $310 a year deal either. They will find a way to increase it. With add-ons most likely.

Comment

Was gonna say, what is solidworks going for nowdays? single workstation. Last I used it was 2012 on a win7 box, it was nice.
        25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Also Alibre, which keeps getting better. Bunch-o-new stuff here now, and coming. New setup of several slammer updates per year, instead of one huge one every year.

Maintenance is about $400+ for the fiull package, but there is a reduced cost version too.
          CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
          Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
          Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
          I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
          Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Well, I just subscribed for 310$ a year, will stay at 310$ a year as long as you renew. Technically didn't have to do it, but they changed their rules for hobbyists. Guess this means Solidworks through the EAA is cheaper.
            The sale ends Oct 31st for Fusion. I use the software daily, so what ever...
            Its worth noting that Fusion is still free for hobby users. The only thing really changed/ removed is personalized support, a restricted set of file importation translators and collaboration with others, other than that it remains the same as always. IF you opt for the $310 a year special deal those restrictions will not apply. I never used any of those features anyways so am sticking with the free hobby license.

Here is a copy/paste of the reply I received when I questioned the new changes:

Hi George- Fusion 360 is still free for hobbyists and startups. Please refer to the following blog post for complete details on the updates - https://www.autodesk.com/products/fu...cription-types That said, if you’re interested in personalized support, collaboration with others, and access to all commercial translators we have a great offer until the end of October. You can get an annual subscription to Fusion 360 for only $310/year, a $185 savings and can remain locked in at that price so long as your subscription remains active with no lapse in coverage. Let me know if I can further assist. Best, Shannon
            Last edited by Sparky_NY; 10-25-2019, 08:15 PM.

Comment

For anyone using Fusion to make money it's actually a darn reasonable cost. Few expenses in the commercial arena are going to come at just $26 a month. That's about the cost of an inexpensive coffee per work day.

Just for me as a hobbyist it's just over the top for how much I use it... which is not much since I'm still in the learning stage.
              Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

I have used Fusion360 once in a awhile for its rest machining capability, but I never really get proficient with its CAD functions. I've bene using ViaCAD for several years for CAD, and I used CamBam and Fusion for CAM depending on what I want to do.
                *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky_NY View Post
                  Its worth noting that Fusion is still free for hobby users.
                  GOTT SE DANK !!!!

I was half way to a minor freak out about this. I've got a lot of stuff in Fusion 360, but it's all for fun on a retired lack of money. It would have been pretty much a minor disaster to lose not only access, but all my designs.

Comment

I've been attempting to get proficient with F360, just haven't had enough time lately. I like it so far, but like a lot of other cad programs it has a lot more features than I would ever need or make use of.
                    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Best I can gather, you lose the ability to import solidwork files and other pro cad packages. That is a function I use time to time. Also wanted to save 37%. I eventually would need a paid subscription anyhow. I want to set up a 3d printing farm, have product ideas.

Comment

Best I can gather, you lose the ability to import solidwork files and other pro cad packages.
                        Another concern is that the ability to export in high quality becomes unavailable or unreliable, without throwing more $$. Especially with a package that demands internet access.

Comment

Best I can gather, you lose the ability to import solidwork files and other pro cad packages. That is a function I use time to time. Also wanted to save 37%. I eventually would need a paid subscription anyhow. I want to set up a 3d printing farm, have product ideas.
                          Brings up a interesting question, what are you getting, a paid PERSONAL subscription without the disabled features or a business subscription that allows for profit usage. I would guess the prior.

Comment

Originally posted by Glug View Post

Another concern is that the ability to export in high quality becomes unavailable or unreliable, without throwing more $$. Especially with a package that demands internet access.
                            Did you read that somewhere or is it just a guess?

Comment

Autodesk, the death star of the cad world. If they nuke their customers in the name of profit it won’t surprise me one bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X