What do you do on Sunday afternoons??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do on Sunday afternoons??

So, on Sunday afternoons, for a long time, I have cleaned out my shop. Vac chips, put stuff away, and u sually have a couple beers. Today is no exception, spent a hour or two putting everything in order and downing a few Red Hook IPA's. Life is good.
    I cut it off twice; it's still too short
    Oregon, USA

Well. I sit here and read HSM.

Comment

I have been doing the same for the passed 3 week-ends in a row. Organized my metal stock piles, metal recycling piles, clear up almost all of my 4 working table surface from this years projects. Getting ready for this coming winter,now that I have put the garden to rest, I will have plenty of time to spend in the shop. Nothing better than spending a cold winter, dark evening in a warm garage, sipping a cold beer while tinkering on something. Yes life is good

Comment

Luv IPA's but this cold time of the year my story's the same as yours minus the cleaning part and adding a full bodied cab instead of the beer...

Comment

I mostly chill out with wifey and kids. I do most of the clearing and cleaning in the morning before I start to work.

Comment

While I don't do it every Sunday, I do find myself often waiting until Sunday to do a "big clean"... use wooden sticks to chase the chips out of the corners of the machines, wipe off the oil and dust mixtures and replace it with fresh oil, vacuum the machines and sweep and vacuum the floor. My dogs are allowed in the shop when the gates are not up (I use child proof gates when I am flinging chips), and so the floor has to be safe for a total of 12 paws to wander over... They even have a designated laying area... a horse stall mat that is pretty much out of range of flying blue hot chips.

Comment

I thought Sunday pm was the time allocated to making the mess, that is adding to last weeks mess. All right for you retired blokes I guess you have all week to make the mess.

Comment

I'm afraid I cook the Sunday dinner. The only one who knows how to cook in this house is me and I prefer my efforts to those of the wife (beans on toast or risotto) or the lad (pot noodles). This week it was roast Sirloin with cauliflower, buttered leeks, roast potatoes and parsnips with an onion, celeriac, tomato, apple gravy and wine. Washed down with a pleasant 2012 Gran Reserva Rioja.
                Last edited by Mark Rand; 10-28-2019, 06:21 PM.
                Location- Rugby, Warwickshire. UK

Comment

The day of the week is almost irrelevant to me, except that I hate weekends for doing anything out in public.

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                    The day of the week is almost irrelevant to me, except that I hate weekends for doing anything out in public.
                    I bet you hate holidays? I know I do; for this reason.

Comment

Dry weekend days this time of year are spent cleaning up leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMike782 View Post
                        Dry weekend days this time of year are spent cleaning up leaves.
                        My uncle who got a large backyard do that almost every weekend at this time of the year.

Comment

Sundays I try cleanup in the shop and work on MY projects.
                          *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

I sometimes watch football, but only if the Ravens are playing. I never used to like (or even understand) football, but I enjoyed Super Bowl parties, and eventually figured out what was going on and being able to enjoy watching a game. But usually I am also doing stuff on the computer, such as this and other forums and Facebook, as well as PIC programming and electronics projects. And when the weather is good I like to do outdoor work, such as my recent and continuing shed project. Being retired, and non-religious, Sundays are pretty much like any other day.
                            http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                            Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                            USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Weekends are the days I get to work on my stuff. Sadly I'm owned 24x7 weekdays by the company I consult for. I need to fix that.

Comment

Working...
                              X