No announcement yet.

I bet you get a chuckle outta this ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bet you get a chuckle outta this ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0ME__3RwWQ

I don't know about a chuckle- quite a few grimaces however

Comment

I counted about $2400 worth of Haimer 3d tasters smoked in that vid
      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Couldn't pay me enough to be in the same room with that doofus.

Comment

Originally posted by wierdscience View Post
          I counted about $2400 worth of Haimer 3d tasters smoked in that vid
          You can buy one on eBay ... "for parts or not working".

Comment

Now that is exactly what I always imagined CNC to be like.

I'm sure glad manual machining is not like that. The indicator repair bill alone would have cost me my shop..... AND HOUSE.
            Paul A.

Make it fit.
            You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

I was watching this the other day. Yea, crap breaking always makes me chuckle.

Comment

A chuckle? I can't imagine any normal person finding that humourous in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcane View Post
                  A chuckle? I can't imagine any normal person finding that humourous in any way.
                  I can. "FOLKS look at this amazing new superglue workholding."

*Workholding fails*

2 days later.

"FOLKS look at this amazing new superglue workholding."

Rinse. Repeat.

Gotta love it when they show just how little metal they can hold something by so they can do all machining ops in one go, then it fails and breaks a tool worth more than the part. Neato.
                  21" Royersford Excelsior CamelBack Drillpress Restoration

Comment

I cant do cnc. Im starting to feel relieved that I cant. That was painfull watching.

Comment

That video just convinces me to stick to conventional machining, and make sure the workpiece is securely held.
                      'It may not always be the best policy to do what is best technically, but those responsible for policy can never form a right judgement without knowledge of what is right technically' - 'Dutch' Kindelberger

Comment

That was a NIGHTMARE! Couldn't or wouldn't watch the whole video.

Comment

I would never trust those hold downs that grab about 1/8" of the bottom edge of a part. As you can see they don't hold well. This is why I like manual machines.

JL..............

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
                            Now that is exactly what I always imagined CNC to be like.

I'm sure glad manual machining is not like that. The indicator repair bill alone would have cost me my shop..... AND HOUSE.
                            It's not CNC's fault, owning a CNC machine makes someone a Machinist the same way taking their dog to the Vet makes them a Doctor.

Comment

I re-watched the video and like all the rest on Youtube it comes down to three things-poor work holding, poor tool selection and unrealistic feeds and speeds. As one example, running a four flute end mill in Aluminum is asking for it

Oh and "adaptive tool path" is a phrase that means snapped endmill or launched part, sometimes both
                              Last edited by wierdscience; 11-08-2019, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X