South Bend steady rest on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Bend steady rest on eBay

Sure, I've made crap like this, but I'd never admit it, and I certainly would not try and sell it. I got a good snicker out it though.

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for SOUTH BEND 9" LATHE STEADY REST CENTER HOMEMADE at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

I thought you were kidding, only $89 and the welding is good enough for NASA.

I have seen some similar ads on ebay UK today, and forgot to add them to my watchlist.
    Last edited by old mart; 11-29-2019, 03:39 PM.

Comment

The more I look around my garage, the more I realize I've made much worse. Maybe I'm a little quick to judge.

Comment

Well if you didn't have one and you could throw that together it might get you through a job where you needed one. . But to sell it for that much- looks like a lot to me for how it looks. .

Comment

Bloody Hell !!!

Comment

I wouldn't even drop that thing in my scrap box. I would have to cut it up into little pieces so no one would ever know what it one was. I'd even be embarrassed to take it to the scrap yard.

JL................

Comment

Clumsy bastard.
              OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

I was going to say that I didn’t realize Stevie Wonder did welding and fab work but then I don’t want to offend Mr Wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
                  I wouldn't even drop that thing in my scrap box. I would have to cut it up into little pieces so no one would ever know what it one was. I'd even be embarrassed to take it to the scrap yard.

JL................
                  I'd put into someone else's scrap box.

-js
                  There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

Obviously the original owner was embarrassed about it too. ...evidenced by the fact that he buried it out in the hog lot. Then someone (this seller) came along, dug it up, and then partially cleaned the hog $hit off, and now has it listed on ebay.
                    Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Originally posted by lynnl View Post
                      Obviously the original owner was embarrassed about it too. ...evidenced by the fact that he buried it out in the hog lot. Then someone (this seller) came along, dug it up, and then partially cleaned the hog $hit off, and now has it listed on ebay.
                      Yea, and everybody on ebay thinks they have gold !
                      BTW.... I love that weld on V way. Creativity at it's best.

JL...................

Comment

Hey Guys, It's in my neighborhood, send me the money and I'll go pick it up for you and save you the shipping by just put it in my scrap bin.

TX
                        Mr fixit for the family
                        Chris

Comment

Working...
                        X