Where to find miniature roller chain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PStechPaul View Post
    Are the dimensions in inches, at 1/14 scale?
    Yes, well, my dimensions, the ones on the print of the 2nd are in metric. Comparing the real deal to the r/c 3view, the numbers check

Comment

Sitting in San Francisco with nothing to do(on call in my room)
      So I started to actually design my forklift. 2 stage, from the bottom to the top extended is about 13" inches. The actual lift will be less than that with the fork carriage. Nice thing about designing and building your own stuff is that I could make it a 3 stage down the road, what ever...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 3.16.39 PM.png
Views:	145
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	1842325

Comment

McMaster Carr has miniature roller chain. No kidding. Half the size of their smallest ANSI chain. Don't know if that's small enough, but its pretty small.
        *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

My coworkers think I am an odd duck at this point, every time we walk through the cargo hub to the airplane, I keep stopping to examine all the forklifts everywhere.
          Oh, I also ordered a 6ft long 5/8 square bar of A36 hot rolled steel that I will mill down on the Bridgeport to make this assembly when I get home.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 5.27.39 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	200.3 KB ID:	1842352Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 5.28.24 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	287.8 KB ID:	1842353
          Last edited by RB211; 12-08-2019, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob La Londe View Post
            McMaster Carr has miniature roller chain. No kidding. Half the size of their smallest ANSI chain. Don't know if that's small enough, but its pretty small.
            Servo City has the cheapest price on .1227 pitch roller chain, even though it is plastic. McMaster has slightly larger stainless steel roller chain at 6x the price.

Comment

If you can't get something that is to scale and therefor looks correct, you can always make it. Watchmakers, well, fairly exceptional ones, might have to make a fuse chain with say a 2mm pitch and can DIY. I've shared this before, a great piece on making chain...you could adapt it to make roller chain.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lvA...qvjITK8Fu/view
              in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Working...
              X