Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Figure Out This Private Message Deal Yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Figure Out This Private Message Deal Yet?

The PM mail system doesn't work like the old system did.
    I get a PM from some one, I type my reply, my choice is "post" where the hell is it being posted to?? It doesn't show up in my sent mail so I haven't a clue as to where it's going.
    If I want to reply I have to find a post by that person click on his user name and PM from there.
    This is what I don't like about changes. The old system was fine.

JL.............

This is what I think of these programmers that write software like this.

Ah... yes, that's known as a recto-cranial inversion.
    Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

What ever you want to call it. Gets pretty irritating. That's why most of us don't like changes. The old PM system worked fine. Where was the need to change it? Coldn't the same featurs be incorporated in the new version for the forum??

When I go to reply to a PM in the text window it says write something. OK I write something. The only option to send is "POST"

Well where is it being posted to?? It doesn't show up in the sent mail, isn't posted to the respective thread or any place else I can find.

Only way to get a PM through is like I said, click on that persons user name, when that window opens you have the option of "private message" or "subscribe" the first choice seems to get the PM through. What is "subscribe?? instructions?? An awful lot of aggravation and confusion to have to go through.

JL................
      Last edited by JoeLee; 12-08-2019, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Interestingly, I didn't have that many probs with it. On my machine, if there's a PM or if somebody replied to a post, it puts this little red flag at the top, click on that and it takes me to the messages thing. Click the square button with the arrows, by the user name, and you get their latest. If you reply and hit send to a PM, it's going to their PM box.

only issue I've seen with the new software is that it doesn't seem to close html tags when posting a url.
        25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post
          Interestingly, I didn't have that many probs with it. On my machine, if there's a PM or if somebody replied to a post, it puts this little red flag at the top, click on that and it takes me to the messages thing. Click the square button with the arrows, by the user name, and you get their latest. If you reply and hit send to a PM, it's going to their PM box.

only issue I've seen with the new software is that it doesn't seem to close html tags when posting a url.
          That's what I've been doing. Clicking on the red flag takes me to the message center. When I go to reply at the bottom of the message window there is CANCEL PREVIEW & POST
          Post obviously isn't sending my message to the person I'm replying back to. I have no idea where it goes, not in my sent box.
          This has been going on since things were updated here. I don't think that your computer has anything to do with it.
          I find this happening on 3 of my computers and phone. It's in the BBS system.

JL.................
          Last edited by JoeLee; 12-08-2019, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Yep, I got this message. I can't recall if I have mine setup to cc my sent box, I'll have to check. The other person may have a full inbox, or have notifications disabled, etc. could be many reasons why they don't respond, but I would be surprised if it was the bb software. I'll keep watching to see what happens.
            25 miles north of Buffalo NY, USA

Comment

No problems here, although I think there are options to PM through Google or Facebook. This is pretty simple:

Click image for larger version

Name:	HSM_Post_20191208_PM.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	1842336

Click image for larger version

Name:	HSM_Post_20191208_PM_Msg_Center.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	1842335
              http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
              Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs