Members that are missing..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members that are missing..

Haven't seen a post from 1-800miner in nearly a year. Any know how he's doing? Or Alistair?

Wow --- come to think of it Alistair was having problems but hanging in there - no news is not necessarily good news that's for sure --- hope their both just busy as all hell building stuff or something like that...

Comment

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post
      Haven't seen a post from 1-800miner in nearly a year. Any know how he's doing? Or Alistair?
      1-800 had, as I recall, mentioned that he had some health issues and was not planning to post anymore.
      CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
      Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
      Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
      I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
      Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
        Wow --- come to think of it Alistair was having problems but hanging in there - no news is not necessarily good news that's for sure --- hope their both just busy as all hell building stuff or something like that...
        "Having problems...", holy crap dude, last time Alistair posted he said he had slipped outside, fallen and shattered his ankle. Over 15,000 posts, yet you display a real detachment from things around you.

Comment

Could it be related to the "stud removal" in the very next thread?

Click image for larger version

Name:	stud removal.JPG
Views:	579
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	1845205

Comment

I miss Alistair's posts and humor. It seems he was only recently posting about trying to modify a parking brake on a newer Mercedes to accomodate his wife. This is the most recent info I have found on the forum.

February 2, 2019:

https://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/fo...t-ne#post79869

Originally posted by Alistair Hosie View Post
            My son was complaining about me and my movements, which inc walking and talking funny forgetting the very basics Russell my son is a consultant psychiatrist as 9is his wife he told my own doctor and my wife he thinks I may have a form of dementia ,although off hand I forget which type am having tests done on Tuesday so will let you know what the experts say.Brotherly love Alistair please hold me in you prayers or minds
            March 19, 2019:

https://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/fo...95#post1753795

Originally posted by Alistair Hosie View Post
            Off topic
            well tomorrow early get taken to the other side of the water by ambulance to hospital actually it takes 2 ambulances as they need to get two teams to get me out of the house, down my front steps then down our very steep drive one ambulance crew take me in an ambulance over on the ferry just down the drive from our house onto the main road etc.

I can 't remember if I mentioned I was in the garden to the rear of our house when I slipped on the rear back grass
            I stepped stupidly onto the top of two large plastic container square lids and slipped badly falling backwards no matter how much I tried to hang onto a large pile of wood and fell backwards and broke my right leg and also my ankle .

It turns out from my x ray my Fibula back one is hanging off from my front bone so I am all plastered up to my knee and will need a scan again to see if I need an operation tomorrow . Am I not unlucky or what heh heh heh so no chance to get into my shop anyways. Alistair
            Last edited by Glug; 12-26-2019, 09:40 PM.

Comment

As I recall, a couple of weeks (maybe more?) after this last post, we had a post from his wife Bronwyn (can't remember her handle here). She said he was back home convalescing but was having memory problems. Guess we're not going to hear from him again, from the sound of it. I miss him.

-js
              There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

Last mention I found was this post in May:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Alistair_20190521.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.5 KB ID:	1845215
                http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Paul, that's the post I (mis)remembered. No wonder I couldn't find it.

-js
                  There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

Actually to be honest, I hope no one takes this and is offfended, or thinks I am out of. line.
                    To the best of my memory, I seem to think 1-800 mentioned he had some serious issue, and that he felt he did not have a large amount of time. And then said he won't be on here as much...

Comment

Alistair!!! Geez...I forgot about him. He is a great guy.
                      I hope he is ok. Him and John Stevenson....used to crack me up when they would start jabbing each other with that dry Brit humour. Something we may never see here again.
                      I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

search results
                        https://kernvalleysun.com/declining-...o-darl-snyder/

RIP Darl

Comment

Originally posted by gmax137 View Post
                          Miner?

Comment

Sounds like it, mentioned being burned out. What a drag, sad to hear it.
                            Sounds like he passed around 11 months ago..

Comment

Here is a thread that shows his name Darl Snyder and address. Sorry to hear of his passing.

https://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/fo...for-1-800miner
                              http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                              Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                              USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Working...
                              X