No announcement yet.

Members that are missing..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately many Home Shop Machinists come into the game rather later in life than folk involved in many other hobbies or small business ventures.
    This leads to the fact that new friends might not be along for lifetimes, but perhaps only for just a few years.
    I came to the hobby early, got my first lathe at 14. I have had many kind, helpful older friends, many of whom are gone, some others are now very elderly, and sadly do not even know which way is up.
    It was rather hard to deal with the first few bereavements, but I gradually came to the realisation that I must just accept that friends, even very good friends, may well pass on.
    I try very hard to help others, especially beginners, in order to carry forward the multitude of kindnesses I have received.
    Sometines I have been able to acquire some items from deceased friends workshops, Using Harry.s 4 inch square or John.s little tap wrench helps keep them in mind on a daily basis and brings back many happy memories.
    Regards to all. David Powell

Comment

Another missing person checking in

Comment

Originally posted by dp View Post
        Another missing person checking in
        Ah yes, welcome back.
        Where did Old Tiffey go?
        This is like my R/C airplane hobby, most people are elderly, only around a few years.

Comment

any heard from John Stevens and Les Haris I worked for Les for a short while, John helped me a bunch of times.
          both are brilliant

Comment

If you mean John Stevenson, afraid we lost him a couple of years ago.

-js
            There are no stupid questions. But there are lots of stupid answers. This is the internet.

Comment

Ol' Tiffy seemed to get more than his share of crap from the usual suspects last I saw him, he quit showing up. He wasn't the only one... Nice to see Alistair posting. I think Evan's health caught up with him.

Comment

Originally posted by dp View Post
                Ol' Tiffy seemed to get more than his share of crap from the usual suspects last I saw him, he quit showing up. He wasn't the only one... Nice to see Alistair posting. I think Evan's health caught up with him.
                It's good to hear from you again, Dennis, after what seems a long absence. I suppose time flies living in Oroville WA and doing gigs in a band.

As I recall, you were one of the few members who traveled up to Williams Lake BC, to visit Evan and to admire his shop. When his marriage failed he relocated to Victoria. His last post did not leave much hope that he would ever return to the forum. Perhaps someday he will surprise us.

Allan Ostling

Phoenix, Arizona

Comment

He may be a local hero. https://globalnews.ca/news/3494361/e...round-current/

Comment

2020 has been a bad year for musicians here. I haven't been on a stage since March. No relief in site, and Okanogan County became a seriously bad hotspot, leading the state for infections per capita for coronavirus.

I did finally get my mill and lathe set up last month after being in storage 5 years, but I gave away all my woodworking gear, an Atlas lathe, my Atlas shaper, and my TIG and plasma cutter to local artists. I kept the MIG welder. And heads up, George - I renewed my magazine subscription
                    Last edited by dp; 08-27-2020, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X