A question of Etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question of Etiquette

Since I'm a total newbie here I would like to ask about sending EMails to the members here. A number of threads here have led me to want to ask questions to specific people primarily about the machines that they have mentioned that they own. Often the questions I want to ask have nothing to do with the subject matter in the thread so it seems inappropriate to try and change the subject. So my question is:

Is it considered generally acceptable practice here to send off the EMail or should I ask someone specifically within a thread if I may Email them with questions??

Regards

Bob

Bob,

When anyone registers on this forum, they have the option to "Keep your email address viewable to other users when you post notes" - I'd guess that anyone specifically not wanting emails would click the "No" option here.

Just my thoughts

Ian
    All of the gear, no idea...

Comment

Start a new thread with the question so we all can share in the process.

------------------
      Neil Peters
      Neil Peters

When on the hunt, a broken part is better than no part at all.

Comment

bkman,

Guess your confusing 'etiquette' and 'good manners' here. Remember the French invented 'etiquette' to make others feel uncomfortable, whereas the British invented 'good manners' to make people feel relaxed and at ease. [That's this weeks non PC remark!!]

Sometimes a deviation within the thread is the spice of a thread, it triggers other contributors memories, leading to stories, accounts of past times, and endless witicisms, we all learn from these anecdotes. Those that want to concentrate on the serious side of a thread can still 'pull it back into line' whenever they want.

Don't be shy - go for it in the open ~ we all want to know what Thrud's sisters meatloaf recipe really is!!

RR

Comment

Yup what Niel says. Start a new thread.

This is a public forum. Given the number of people who look in and the variety and extent of their experience, there's no telling what serendipity might bring you.

Comment

RR,I really like your definitions of etiquette and good manners!! I have been to both London and Paris. Nuff said!

Comment

Bob, Feel free to send me an E-mail anytime you want.

Comment

E-mails are fine.

------------------
                Paul G.
                Paul G.

Comment

E-mails are fine, new threads are fine, side trips are fine. Mike

Comment

Feel free to email me as well! But don't underestimate the benefit of just thowing a topic or a question out there. The knowledge base is unbelieveable and all appear more than willing to share their knowledge and expertise! Don't be shy. There's a Chinese proverb that goes something like this "A man who asks a question is only a fool for a minute. the man who fails to ask is a fool for a lifetime." Jump right in, the water's fine! Be safe!

------------------
                    John B

[This message has been edited by jr45acp (edited 01-17-2003).]
                    John B

Comment

RR,

I have been fortunate enough to have lived and worked overseas for 11 years during which I made many wonderful trips to London and only one trip to Paris. Thanks for reminding me why!

Bob

Comment

E-mails are fine but I'd prefer letters with cash or money orders inside.
                        Non, je ne regrette rien.

Comment

E-mail doesn't bother me at all if you got a question I'll try to answer it as best I can.After all I thuoght thats what this is all about poeple helping people.
                          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Please post!. Some of the most fun, most enlighthening things have come about becasue of a "off the thread" comment. Follow one of those "one thing leads to another" discussions and yo never know where you will end up! . Of course if it Thruds hair you are intersted in . please email him!!!!!
                            Steve

Comment

Bob

Like the others I am a willing to help where I can - ask away. I may be a gorilla, but I occasionally use a bidet...look Ma, a drinkin' fountain!.

Comment

Working...
                              X