Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, been drinking Scotch tonight. Its Friday. You peeps bicker too much.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter. View Post

so I can foist it off on some poor unsuspecting sod.
    F'In A!!! JR

My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

My buds in the units got me this as a retirement present after listening to a story about one of my Canada fishing trips back in the ‘80s.
      Each of the 4 guys on that Fly-In trip brought a Single Malt. I brought Oban. I haven’t opened this one yet.
      Illigitimi non Carborundum 😎
      9X49 Birmingham Mill, Reid Model 2C Grinder, 13x40 ENCO GH Lathe, 6X18 Craftsman lathe, Sherline CNC mill, Eastwood TIG200 AC/DC and lots of stuff from 30+ years in the trade and 15.5 in refinery unit operations. Now retired. El Paso, TX

Comment

Bickering? I remember usenet newsgroups, that was bickering. This is just good clean fun.

Comment

They baby is in 5th year at school in Glasgow, he has been bringing me all kinds Scotches hitherto unknown in these parts. What a treat. Still, as my wonderful grandmother was fond of saying....there's no such thing as a bad Scotch!

If you ever get a chance, do a Scotch tasting. Its the way to appreciate how very different they are, and what variety there is....which is good. i doubt even the most pugnacious here would bicker about that.
          Last edited by Mcgyver; 01-12-2020, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Optics Curmudgeon View Post
            Bickering? I remember usenet newsgroups, that was bickering. This is just good clean fun.
            All of the old trolls are still there on rcm, apart from the ones that have died. Unfortunately, there is little to no metalwork related stuff any more.
            Location- Rugby, Warwickshire. UK

Comment

Caution, Machining content.

Scotch is OK, but so much is subjective. I've told this story before, so here's the short version. After a weekend of machining I visited a friend who was very proud of his fancy and expensive single scotches. He could wax poetic about the features and flavors and subtleties of quite a few scotches. When he shared an especially expensive one with me all I could smell was the unique flavor of Tap Magic Gold cutting oil. He was crestfallen.

Afterwards, I realized that I'd been doing a lot of aggressive cutting that weekend. The work was hot enough to make the cuttingt oil smoke, and I evidently inhaled some of it. The nasal passages trapped some of that oil film. The alcohol fumes released the oils, which then flooded my sinuses with the scent of Tap Magic.

I don't drink the hard stuff. I like brandies and good wines. It's as easy to get smashed on a glass of brandy as it is when drinking straight 80 proof anything else.

I gave up drinking last year. It was making me fat and caused some stupid posts. I lost 50 pounds and don't miss the urge to respond to every other drunkard on the internet anymore.
              At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Optics Curmudgeon View Post

I am 100 percent. JR

Comment

200 proof? Wow!
                  http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                  Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                  USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Originally posted by Bob La Londe View Post
                    I used to like Maker's mark until I discovered rye. Pendelton 1910 is pretty darn good. Bullet Rye is a close second.
                    I dont drink the bourbon. It is Bronwyn's drink if she wants a Manhattan or what ever, I dont drink stuff that.

Rather have a cheap beer.. ") JR

Comment

Scotch you say? I got into a little Drambuie the other day, love that stuff.

The drink is called a Darryl, named after me, and it's 1-1/4 oz Dram and 3/4 oz Kahlua- or 2 oz Dram and 1oz Kahlua which is how the lazy tarbenders have been making it lately. After a couple of those I don't much feel like bickering- you're all full of ****e and that's all there is to it
                      Last edited by darryl; 01-14-2020, 01:18 AM.
                      I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Originally posted by darryl View Post
                        Scotch you say? I got into a little Drambuie the other day, love that stuff.

The drink is called a Darryl, named after me, and it's 1-1/4 oz Dram and 3/4 oz Kahlua- or 2 oz Dram and 1oz Kahlua which is how the lazy tarbenders have been making it lately. After a couple of those I don't much feel like bickering- you're all full of ****e and that's all there is to it
                        I'm more of a carpentry type o' feller myself. I likes me Rusty Nails, I do. 2:1 Dewars & Drambuie + a twist. S-M-O-O-T-H.

Kahlua goes in cheap vodka, not Drambuie. Silly Canucks.
                        Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

IPA's and fermented grapes as in full bodied red, there's magic in them thar grapes as long as you don't overdue it cuz nothing in the world is worse than a wine hangover --- nothing... it's a special kind of misery....

Iv cut back on the drink a little - been a crummy holiday season as I got the news that one of my nieces has a brain tumor, but recently got the news that it's not malignant --- although she still has to have surgery and it's in a very difficult spot the prognoses is much better,

Im holding to about two med./small glasses of cab sav. every evening... if your not in a good place it can make things worse instead of taking the edge off it can actually add to it...
                          Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 01-15-2020, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X