Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turning head 90 degrees on Turret Style Mill.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Turning head 90 degrees on Turret Style Mill.

    If you have a B,port, clone or other vertical mill with full tilt head, tell us if you have turned it 90 degrees.
    What where you working on ?
    Have you ever turned 90, AND THEN HAD TO NOD , to line up to the work ?

  • #2
    It's what i do normally when using my mill as a lathe... Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04132.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	1848295

    Comment


    • #3
      I have a 90* adapter for my mill, so never really need to turn the entire head. Just put on the adapter

      sid

      Comment


      • #4
        Had roller from Combine that would not fit in Lathe,Varnamo got it done.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post
          Had roller from Combine that would not fit in Lathe,Varnamo got it done.
          Showoff...
          Keith
          __________________________
          Just one project too many--that's what finally got him...

          Comment


          • #6
            Lathes.co.uk show a Beaver mill being used like this - scroll down for a pic: http://www.lathes.co.uk/beaver/

            Ian
            All of the gear, no idea...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by LKeithR View Post

              Showoff...
              Not Showing Off Keith just getting job done even tho it looks a little wonky lol!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by sid pileski View Post
                I have a 90* adapter for my mill, so never really need to turn the entire head. Just put on the adapter

                sid
                Ditto.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Check out RB211's current thread, "sometimes you just need a knee mill"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I can do that on my homebuilt minimill CNC. The head on my machine moves not the table so I can mill, drill or bore on the end of a part 20 feet long even if weighs tons!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post

                      Not Showing Off Keith just getting job done even tho it looks a little wonky lol!
                      I know...sometimes I really wish this site had smileys...

                      Keith
                      __________________________
                      Just one project too many--that's what finally got him...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by LKeithR View Post

                        I know...sometimes I really wish this site had smileys...
                        It does have them.
                        North Central Arkansas

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X