No announcement yet.

Here's my $55 box of Xomerty aluminum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered a box today. I didn't know they sold scrap/drops.

Comment

$55 / 25 = $2.20/pound for random assortment of aluminum.

I wish I could get that much for my random pieces stashed around the shop. I usually end up giving it away just to clear the accumulated clutter.

Comment

Originally posted by DR View Post
        $55 / 25 = $2.20/pound for random assortment of aluminum.

I wish I could get that much for my random pieces stashed around the shop. I usually end up giving it away just to clear the accumulated clutter.
        Try buying it in small quantities for less, very dependent on where you live. For me, this is a good price.

Comment

2.20 or 2.50 for good useable chunks is far better than .75 cents for suff you cant make much out of..

Comment

I got mine today. I'm happy with it.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

It's perfect for people who just need to have variety of stock, building up stock. Their prices for small quantities of specific sizes is also very good.

Comment

Originally posted by kev74 View Post
                I got mine today. I'm happy with it.

Did you get any rounds, or just plate and rectangle/square stock?

I'm thinking of ordering some too, but use round stock a lot more than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Yondering View Post

I'm thinking of ordering some too, but use round stock a lot more than anything else.
                  I got a few rounds but mostly flats. I don't know if they would send rounds if you requested or not, or maybe just a grab bag of odds and ends. Might be worth asking them for all our future reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Yondering View Post

All square and rectangular.

The hunk of 1.5"x4" stock alone would have cost me nearly what I paid for the whole box if I had to buy it separately.

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post

Try buying it in small quantities for less, very dependent on where you live. For me, this is a good price.
                      I'm fortunate in that I live near a town with a couple of engineering firms that build stuff out of aluminum and I can often get their cutoffs at the scrap yard.

But nobody around here builds stuff out of steel. I look at the projects people make out of steel and I think of how much it would cost me and my knees wobble...

Comment

Working...
                      X