OT Apple IPhone Upgrade to iOS 13 DON'T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Apple IPhone Upgrade to iOS 13 DON'T

IPhone users, do not upgrade from 12.x to 13.x !! I have had my IPhone 6 for years and loved it until this POS upgrade which almost makes it un-useable. I do not think it can be undone,
    Retired - Journeyman Refrigeration Pipefitter - Master Electrician - Fine Line Automation CNC 4x4 Router

Anything in particular that makes you say that? I just got upgraded to an X at work and am running iOS 13. It got a few different actions than the previous versions but once you've used it for a week or two it feels familiar again.

Comment

I wish I hadn't done it. The main issue is DRASTIC reduction in battery life. Can't make it through the day without several chargings, before I could easily go all day without charging. The worst is texting when not on a network.

Comment

Oddly this seems like one of Huxley's predictions in Brave New World.

Comment

iPhone 6 is ancient and the lipo battery inside probably has so many cycles on it that the internal resistance has increased causing it to drain quicker. Put a new battery in your phone and it should be much better. Apple got a lot of flack for making older phones slower, but it was to preserve battery life on older batteries. On top of this, the iPhone 6 always had poor battery life.

Comment

Thats funny my ancient Iphone 6 battery lasted all day, sometimes two days until this upgrade. Its way to sensitive, jumps all over the place and the keyboard is almost useless, features added and no exit out. Its really fun, hit the space key and another keyboard pops up with Nothing on the keys?? Next time normal.
            Did you miss the part that in the 3 or 4 years I have used this phone its been great, until now!
            Last edited by wmgeorge; 01-15-2020, 08:02 AM.
            Retired - Journeyman Refrigeration Pipefitter - Master Electrician - Fine Line Automation CNC 4x4 Router

Comment

Maybe there is a problem? https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonk...ro-max-update/

Comment

Please don't discuss religious topics here.

-Doozer
                DZER

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripe View Post
                  Yup a major screw up for sure. Then there are those that say " I don't see your problem".

Comment

Hopefully its a 6S or 6S Plus because anything older won't get IOS 13. Where I work we just ditched hundreds of iPhones because they couldn't run version 13.
                    Mike
                    Central Ohio, USA

Comment

That happened to my Android phone. After some system upgrade, and I don't remember which one it was, I noticed the power drain on the battery.

JL..............

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Mike View Post
                        Hopefully its a 6S or 6S Plus because anything older won't get IOS 13. Where I work we just ditched hundreds of iPhones because they couldn't run version 13.
                        Gee I have a IPhone 6 and it has iOS13 did you read my posts?

Comment

I have an iphone 5SE, last of its line before they discontinued the 5 series.

It wants me to install 13 ? Nope I am still running a version of 11 that came on it when new.

Does what I need, so I am sticking.

Same for win 7..................

Comment

I have an iPhone 6(plus). It has IOS12.4.4 and says it is up to date. A year or so ago I found it acting "strange", battery-wise and took it to an Apple store. They reset something in the operating system and there was an immediate improvement.

Are you sure it is not an iPhone 6s?

Geoff
                            Last edited by ammcoman2; 01-16-2020, 06:27 PM. Reason: changed to 6s from 6 plus - error

Comment

Originally posted by ammcoman2 View Post
                              I have an iPhone 6(plus). It has IOS12.4.4 and says it is up to date. A year or so ago I found it acting "strange", battery-wise and took it to an Apple store. They reset something in the operating system and there was an immediate improvement.

Are you sure it is not an iPhone 6+?

Geoff
                              Nope, I purchased new. Do you have Updates turned on?

UPDATE I do NOT have iOS 13 I have 12.4.4 it looks like it was rolled back somehow because the dark screen I had on the Search mode that said Private is gone!!
                              Last edited by wmgeorge; 01-16-2020, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X