Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes lets have offensive shop sign postings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dunc View Post
    Great topic...
    Now, where can I buy some?
    I got mine from Australia except got morons, my favorite word these days. Took about a week.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...kwits&_sacat=0

Comment

Just one little comment. That sign you find so entertaining will eventually make some Lawyer very happy and enhance his bank account.

Comment

when I worked at the city we had to be counseled about the use of moron as a descriptive adjective. So the operative phrase became "what the f*ck maroon..."

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo View Post
          yup, there is people that actually do that.....
          I had a table saw kickback that threw a piece out of my garage, across the street, and stuck in the opposite neighbors front yard.
          Forrest's tale of the kid who lost a testicle makes a compelling case for the anti kick back guard.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunc View Post
            Great topic...
            Now, where can I buy some?
            Years ago,I was a purchasing agent in a mobile home plant, when one of the men in the saw shop was trimming short boards by feeding them with just his hands. He knew better, but was in a hurry, He trimmed off the ends of three fingers. The plant maintenance man took pictures of the bloody fingers on the tablesaw, had it blown up into a 3' X 4' poster, with the message "HE WHO SAWS SHORT BOARDS WITH LONG FINGERS WILL SOON SAW LONG BOARDS WITH SHORT FINGERS".

Comment

and the thing is,,,,,,,push sticks are sooo easy to make, it's stupid NOT to use one.
              All the scrap you cut off your stock is a candidate for a push stick!!!

There is a youtube video of a guy that purposely induces a kickback and videos it.
              The power of a running tablesaw is amazing, and he gets it on video.

Comment

When I was a kid, my Dad and I used to frequent a lumber yard to pick out clear pieces of lumber for our projects. On top of their radial arm saws was a sign that said, "This blade turns at 20,000 RPM, whether your fingers are in it or not!"

Comment

I distinctly remember the cement block wall in woodshop that was behind the table saw, it had a whole in one side of the hollow block, I cannot believe sometimes what we give a green light for kids to do, I do believe in shop/classes but I think id be a nervous nelly as a shop teacher, one of my woodshop teachers was an alcoholic, we already knew it just by the way he acted and "smelled" but one time he forgot to lock this one cabinet that we never had access too, of course we opened it and it was full of empty vodka bottles all the same brand...

the other thing that makes me wonder is kids playground equipment, I like allot of the climbing stuff but a simple merry-go-round will take a kids head off if it's going fast enough and they cannot see the vert bars hanging out --- or how about those coil springs with the metal animals you sit on and ride, I remember kids pulling them back and letting them go as other kids walked bye! it's kinda crazy, it's like we try to think of some of the worst things we could do and then put them on playgrounds for the "school of hard knocks"

Comment

Originally posted by psomero View Post

goes good with the "8TPI doesn't cut steel" sign I used to have on an aluminum-only vertical bandsaw. Or the "I am a 6-flute countersink and DO NOT CUT ALUMINUM" on the box of multi-fluters at work.
                    What ? MY 6 Flutes cut Aluminum just Fine. . Always have.. maybe you are buying wrong brand ?

Comment

Originally posted by 754 View Post

What ? MY 6 Flutes cut Aluminum just Fine. . Always have.. maybe you are buying wrong brand ?
                      Yes, they probably do BUT... I don't know what happens when someone uses the countersink as a V grooving tool. Sounds like it might not last long.

Dan
                      At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
                        I distinctly remember the cement block wall in woodshop that was behind the table saw, it had a whole in one side of the hollow block, I cannot believe sometimes what we give a green light for kids to do, I do believe in shop/classes but I think id be a nervous nelly as a shop teacher, one of my woodshop teachers was an alcoholic, we already knew it just by the way he acted and "smelled" but one time he forgot to lock this one cabinet that we never had access too, of course we opened it and it was full of empty vodka bottles all the same brand...

the other thing that makes me wonder is kids playground equipment, I like allot of the climbing stuff but a simple merry-go-round will take a kids head off if it's going fast enough and they cannot see the vert bars hanging out --- or how about those coil springs with the metal animals you sit on and ride, I remember kids pulling them back and letting them go as other kids walked bye! it's kinda crazy, it's like we try to think of some of the worst things we could do and then put them on playgrounds for the "school of hard knocks"
                        Kids who can't survive the playground are only going to grow into welfare cases so who cares.
                        As an observant crum cruncher I noticed compensated school district employees never went on the slide or jungle gym. I took that as an indicator those devices were designed to kill or cripple kids so I avoided them.
                        I also avoided the merrygoround unless I got aboard early in the operation.
                        Kids are naturally cruel and programmed to eliminate weaklings.

Comment

How about at a university laser lab:

WARNING

Do not look directly into laser with remaining good eye!
                          Best wishes to ya’ll.

Sincerely,

Jim

"To invent you need a good imagination and a pile of junk" - Thomas Edison

"I've always wanted to get a job as a procrastinator but I keep putting off going out to find one so I guess I'll never realize my life's dream. Frustrating!" - Me

Comment

No picture of it but I have "CARBIDE ONLY!" written on one of my grinders with a SC wheel. So my dad or whoever doesn't take a piece of aluminum or who knows what and starts gouging on it. I have a modified Dolmar 7900 79cc chainsaw that I'm particular about the fuel that gets run through it so the gas can I use for that one has "non ethanol ONLY" and all kinds of other stuff written on it.

Comment

Years back when the "Politically Correct To The Absurd Power" was just getting underway, I was working at an extrusion-blow-molding plant. Due to some newly enacted tax credits the shifts were sorted roughly by race. All of us paler folks ended up on days, darker skin folks with an accent on evenings, and the darkest of skinned folks on nights. It was insane but that's how things rolled out there.

They brought a group of us into a meeting for our HR Indoctrination -- basically HR did it's best to keep us divided and angry and pointing fingers at "...those f*kers" so we wouldn't realize what was going on in terms of wage reduction and full-time-position reduction. They were forcing the skilled folks to quit so they could hire more of those darker folks who brought the company tax credits.

Disgusting practice.

Anyway that day they wanted us to point out anything at all no matter how minor that would make things uncomfortable for our tax-credit-bringing friends on the off-shifts. Uses of slang, micro-inequities, anything that could cause hurt feelings or make them feel unwelcome.

As I was on the chopping block and I knew it, I mentioned that every single OSHA-approved sign in the plant showed a black person getting injured, killed, or worse. I brought up specific examples:

Black person being crushed on Press #6.

The Fong Chi machine had multiple signs implying that black people would be chopped in half by lightening. Specific example was this large rotating lightening wheel emblem blowing a black fellow in half.

The material handling system for the wash-line implied that the liquid washout solution was corrosive to black people specifically.

And this sign in the warehouse showed a black person being run over by a black person on a forklift.

I expected to be walked out.

Instead I got a $500 check for discovering this inequity and was lauded in the company news-letter as a paragon of race-harmony and relations...

Still have it somewhere around here I need to dig it up, it was hilarious.

All told they spent nearly $65,000 on custom signs specifically made to address the perceived racial inequality in OSHA-mandated signage.

Four months later OSHA came in on an unrelated investigation, noticed the new signage -- MOST OF WHICH DID NOT CONFORM TO OSHA STANDARDS, and turned around and fined them a butt-ton of money.... aaaand they had to switch everything back.

...I left shortly there after on my own steam for a much better job... one that actually believes in equality and not "skin-color-sorted tax abatement credits."

And that folks, is my Offensive Shop Sign Posting. [/thread]

Comment

I hope they didn't take that $500 back. I think you deserve it, royally deserve it.

For further comment on this, see the second half of my tag line. I edited it to put a little more emphasis on it.

Originally posted by Captain I. Barton View Post
                                Years back when the "Politically Correct To The Absurd Power" was just getting underway, I was working at an extrusion-blow-molding plant. Due to some newly enacted tax credits the shifts were sorted roughly by race. All of us paler folks ended up on days, darker skin folks with an accent on evenings, and the darkest of skinned folks on nights. It was insane but that's how things rolled out there.

They brought a group of us into a meeting for our HR Indoctrination -- basically HR did it's best to keep us divided and angry and pointing fingers at "...those f*kers" so we wouldn't realize what was going on in terms of wage reduction and full-time-position reduction. They were forcing the skilled folks to quit so they could hire more of those darker folks who brought the company tax credits.

Disgusting practice.

Anyway that day they wanted us to point out anything at all no matter how minor that would make things uncomfortable for our tax-credit-bringing friends on the off-shifts. Uses of slang, micro-inequities, anything that could cause hurt feelings or make them feel unwelcome.

As I was on the chopping block and I knew it, I mentioned that every single OSHA-approved sign in the plant showed a black person getting injured, killed, or worse. I brought up specific examples:

Black person being crushed on Press #6.

The Fong Chi machine had multiple signs implying that black people would be chopped in half by lightening. Specific example was this large rotating lightening wheel emblem blowing a black fellow in half.

The material handling system for the wash-line implied that the liquid washout solution was corrosive to black people specifically.

And this sign in the warehouse showed a black person being run over by a black person on a forklift.

I expected to be walked out.

Instead I got a $500 check for discovering this inequity and was lauded in the company news-letter as a paragon of race-harmony and relations...

Still have it somewhere around here I need to dig it up, it was hilarious.

All told they spent nearly $65,000 on custom signs specifically made to address the perceived racial inequality in OSHA-mandated signage.

Four months later OSHA came in on an unrelated investigation, noticed the new signage -- MOST OF WHICH DID NOT CONFORM TO OSHA STANDARDS, and turned around and fined them a butt-ton of money.... aaaand they had to switch everything back.

...I left shortly there after on my own steam for a much better job... one that actually believes in equality and not "skin-color-sorted tax abatement credits."

And that folks, is my Offensive Shop Sign Posting. [/thread]
                                Paul A.
                                SE Texas

Make it fit.
                                You can't win and there IS a penalty for trying!

Comment

Working...
                                X