Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SV Seeker accident

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SV Seeker accident

    Just saw the bad news in my Youtube feed. Apparently, Doug (SV Seeker's builder) was involved in an explosion and is in bad shape.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s2iB0VyB6o

    Never mind, stupid prank, should be interesting what happens to his channel now though.
    Last edited by wierdscience; 01-20-2020, 11:24 PM.
    I just need one more tool,just one!

  • #2
    Wow, not good. Acetylene explosion for sure.

    -Doozer
    DZER

    Comment


    • #3
      I've followed Doug and SV Seeker since the beginning. This is tragic. I'm really pulling for him.

      Ed
      For just a little more, you can do it yourself!

      Comment


      • #4
        A lot of comments on that video pointed to it being a possible hoax. Time will tell.

        Pretty sick joke if it turns out to be a hoax.

        Comment


        • #5
          It's the official channel near as I can tell. No way that anyone would pull a hoax along this line without risking a HUGE tidal wave of resentment backlash. I've no doubt that we're seeing a valid notice of the accident.

          I'm not a frequent viewer but I have enjoyed a number of the videos and enjoyed how they were enjoying sharing the work with others that find it interesting and rewarding. My best wishes to Doug for a whole and speedy recovery.
          Chilliwack BC, Canada

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BCRider View Post
            It's the official channel near as I can tell. No way that anyone would pull a hoax along this line without risking a HUGE tidal wave of resentment backlash. I've no doubt that we're seeing a valid notice of the accident.
            I don't know. The evidence is pretty strong supporting the hoax. I will wait though. I'd vastly prefer it to be a hoax than Doug be severely injured and the boat project dead, but if so, he has completely lost my support, and thousands of others. It would be the biggest blunder of his life.
            21" Royersford Excelsior CamelBack Drillpress Restoration
            1943 Sidney 16x54 Lathe Restoration

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sparky_NY View Post
              A lot of comments on that video pointed to it being a possible hoax. Time will tell.

              Pretty sick joke if it turns out to be a hoax.
              Hoax or not - lot's of drama there - just not the way you get the word out, have no idea who the guy is but all I could do was sift through the "info" and then quickly tune out...

              Comment


              • #8
                Seems awfully convenient that the camera manages to get that porthole in view 'just in time'. The two people making the announcement don't seem particularly upset either. Wait and see, I guess.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by chipmaker4130 View Post
                  The two people making the announcement don't seem particularly upset either. .
                  You caught that too? some of it seemed like downright laughter to me even when talking about "all the blood"

                  it's right up there with "big time wrestling" and "Dog the bounty hunter" stay tuned people cuz our ratings are low and we need to milk this for all it's worth...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It is/was a hoax. Much evidence in the comments. Especially the YouTube guy who started a GoFundMe for Doug & cancelled it because it's a hoax.

                    I doubt many are going to find it amusing.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Oxy/Acetylene hoses come out the porthole to the ground early in the video. Just before the boom the ladder is gone, the port hole seems to be closed with cardboard or similar, and the torch hoses are gone.

                      Many many faults have been pointed out with the video, not the least of which is the doctor disclosing all the patients info on video, HIPPA laws strictly forbid this, anyone in the medical profession knows well.

                      There just happens to be two cameras filming but none showing the work he is doing inside.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yep, prank

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrst9F1QMF4

                        Judging from the dislikes and the people pulling their Patron funding it didn't go over too well either.
                        I just need one more tool,just one!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by The Metal Butcher View Post

                          I don't know. The evidence is pretty strong supporting the hoax. I will wait though. I'd vastly prefer it to be a hoax than Doug be severely injured and the boat project dead, but if so, he has completely lost my support, and thousands of others. It would be the biggest blunder of his life.
                          It is and it will be.
                          I just need one more tool,just one!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by wierdscience View Post
                            Yep, prank

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrst9F1QMF4

                            Judging from the dislikes and the people pulling their Patron funding it didn't go over too well either.
                            Yup, confirmed hoax, you beat me to posting the link. Going to be interesting to see the reactions now, agree it won't go over well at all !

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yep, sure will help his career as a research vessel captain. What a dumbass. His friend that convinced him to do this totally ****ed him over, although he agreed to it. I wonder how many personal relationships he screwed up in one shot. No more help from Steven Cox, and I'll be surprised if Bart wants to help him out much any more. Probably didn't help his relationship with Betsy any either. Stupid and inhumain.
                              21" Royersford Excelsior CamelBack Drillpress Restoration
                              1943 Sidney 16x54 Lathe Restoration

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X