SV Seeker accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by true temper View Post
    My friend and wife and I were actually there in February last year to help on the boat. First thing before you get to see the boat is sign a liability form to protect him, which should be done anyway.
    our experience didn’t go well, he wanted help designing the hydraulics system, my friend and I have approx at least 75 years combined experience working on and repair of hydraulics systems. We kinda know what works and what wont. The way he has it designed if it works at all it will never be right.
    in the end he told us we dident know what we were talking about. All I can say at this point is we will see how it works out.
    in the end we had a good time, Doug took us to some nice places to eat and all ways pickup the tab. Wife and I stayed in his little apartment while there, very comfortable.

in the end it was an okay trip, I really wanted to be a part fo it. But after being belittled on camera for trying to change his plan, I problally wont be going back.
    I remember seeing that segment of the series, I was kind of shocked too.
    Ironic how someone seeks outside help due to a lack of their own personal knowledge on the subject and then bawls like a stuck calf at a stabbing match because he doesn't like the answers and suggestions he's getting from those he brought down in hopes of gaining some knowledge and insight.
    I saw the same kind of response to some of his other outside talent.

Actually that was the last episode I watched.
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Has anyone else from here been to see or help on the boat?

Comment

The way y'all describe him reminds me of a kid I went to school with, an insufferable emo troll with a god complex.
        I will not be watching his YouTube, unless it is a video of his boat sinking.

Comment

I haven't been or helped in person, but did give him some help via-email. I don't chime in on stuff unless I see something I know to be destined to failure. One time he understood my concern and did take my advice fixing the issue (Rudder quadrant) another time he blew it off (welding malleable iron fittings into a steel tank header).

Another piece of advice that myself and others have gave Doug over the years was to watch the weight. Seeker is heavy, too heavy, and he's still adding stuff.
          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Looked this morning and SV has now taken down ALL the hoax related videos, none left. It has hurt him a lot in subscribers and donations. His attitude towards it sure changed when the income drastically fell.

Fortunately, MANY have reposted the various youtube videos on their own respective youtube channels, so although Doug attempted to erase the past, it lives on.

Comment

Steven Cox did a video and pretty much lays out why so many got mad and unsubscribed-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66T-8a7KQNY

I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by wierdscience View Post
                Steven Cox did a video and pretty much lays out why so many got mad and unsubscribed-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66T-8a7KQNY
                His video turned into a sales pitch to subscribe and donate to his channel. He made some good points until it de-evolved into a sales pitch.

Comment

Working...
                X