O.T. - Explain this posted topic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.T. - Explain this posted topic.

Before it disappears. OP joined and posted this, but their member stats show zero posts. and no stats display on General: views responses, last post by? Before anyone asks, no I didn't view the posting.
    Redirect: Ethical Plat lob

Started by Deannanig, Today, 02:58 AM
    Last edited by reggie_obe; 01-22-2020, 08:20 AM.

Already gone.
    I saw it earlier this morning, but didn't open it.
    I figured any post that starts with "ethical" needs more coffee before reading... and thus missed the gems it contained.
    A pity.

Comment

I'd guess something like "ethical plant lube" buy our biodegradable rancid chip oi for your gearbox.

Comment

Why not just report it via the report link and ask George, rather than starting yet another OT thread? You already said you figured it would be removed, so you know it is SPAM. Let it go - don't cry over deleted SPAM or start OT threads mourning it. Sheesh.

What benefit is there to drawing attention to it by starting a completely OT thrdead, linking to the spam and potentially speading malware to members who don't know to not click on it? By promoting the subject topic you are promoting the spam product.

Maybe you can delete this thread?

Comment

It was a thread about some high performance knob mods.. twas poorly written..

Comment

It was a spam post that was reported by a couple of members. One of my moderators did the usual thing and moved it to the moderation forum so I could have a look at things when I logged in. When moving a thread, there are two options - leave a redirect and don't leave one. It defaults to "leave a redirect" and the mod forgot to select the other option. That's all. Since only moderators can see the moderation forum, for everyone else the redirect was a path to nowhere.

Now you know the rest of the story.
            George
            Traverse City, MI

Comment

Originally posted by Glug View Post
              Why not just report it via the report link and ask George, rather than starting yet another OT thread? You already said you figured it would be removed, so you know it is SPAM. Let it go - don't cry over deleted SPAM or start OT threads mourning it. Sheesh.

What benefit is there to drawing attention to it by starting a completely OT thrdead, linking to the spam and potentially speading malware to members who don't know to not click on it? By promoting the subject topic you are promoting the spam product.

Maybe you can delete this thread?
              The purpose was to get an explanation of an odd appearing thread. The only one crying is you.
              Forget to take your Pamprin this morning?

Comment

Working...
              X