Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hydraulic Lift Table..... Any One Ever Make One ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the glide pad setup on my Genie lift. That lower pad is 3/4"thick. The nuts are molded into it. I think the sides are too. All the pads are shimmed.

JL....................
    Last edited by JoeLee; 01-25-2020, 08:12 AM. Reason: Can't drag larger pictures into post any more and only one of the small ones can be enlagred by clicking. Something happened here.

Comment

Arcane : Thanks yes it's pretty sturdy.

JoeLee: I have one of those Genies same as yours but I bet yours works,I bought one from Insurance Co. that wrote it off.Structually its fine.The Joystick and
      other electrical peices on Basket was damaged and seemed like a good deal at the time,if I could turn back time!

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post
        Arcane : Thanks yes it's pretty sturdy.

JoeLee: I have one of those Genies same as yours but I bet yours works,I bought one from Insurance Co. that wrote it off.Structually its fine.The Joystick and
        other electrical peices on Basket was damaged and seemed like a good deal at the time,if I could turn back time!
        Yes, mine works. I have about 40 Hrs. on it, total.
        Had a sticky relay, sometimes the outriggers won't retract when working them from the basket. These things are an electrical nightmare to troubleshoot.

JL..................

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
          Yes, mine works. I have about 40 Hrs. on it, total.
          Had a sticky relay, sometimes the outriggers won't retract when working them from the basket. These things are an electrical nightmare to troubleshoot.

JL..................
          Mine has 300hrs and your absolutely correct on electrical nightmare,I run out of money and patience.

Comment

You call it an electrical nightmare, the guys who made it call it a warranty timer, and the man who fixes it calls it enhanced income.

Look for the warranty timers and remove them before you pay big bucks for the factory trained technician to.

HINT
            They look exactly like TieWraps 90% of the time.

Comment

Mine has 300hrs and your absolutely correct on electrical nightmare,I run out of money and patience.
              What electrical issues have you had with it?

JL..............

Comment

I picked up a Harbor Freight hydraulic lift table used off of Craigslist and love it. Even new they aren't that expensive. I'd take a serious look at them before I would build my own, unless I was just looking for a project.
                OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

Yes, I'm going to do that before I make one.

JL................

Comment

Buy four of these-
                    https://www.amazon.com/Buyers-Produc.../dp/B0055DNDOC

Remove handles,replace with chain sprockets, use the jacks for your table legs, connect all four jacks with a loop of roller chain and drive via hand crank or gear motor.

Advantages: #1 it's mostly built #2 no issues with binding or load placement on the table #3 no leaky hydraulics #4 more stable #5 -26" of travel
                    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

What electrical issues have you had with it?

JL..............
                      After Joystick assembly was replaced $$$$$$$$ installed 4 new battery's in August ,checked them in Oct for full charge to over winter.Checked in April all 4 battery's were broke(some nasty words were spoken) been parked since.Was having issues with two functions operating at same time,will look at it sometime when pockets are full of cash lol!

Comment

Originally posted by wierdscience View Post
                        Buy four of these-
                        https://www.amazon.com/Buyers-Produc.../dp/B0055DNDOC

Remove handles,replace with chain sprockets, use the jacks for your table legs, connect all four jacks with a loop of roller chain and drive via hand crank or gear motor.

Advantages: #1 it's mostly built #2 no issues with binding or load placement on the table #3 no leaky hydraulics #4 more stable #5 -26" of travel
                        That's not a bad idea.

JL...........

Comment

After Joystick assembly was replaced $$$$$$$$ installed 4 new battery's in August ,checked them in Oct for full charge to over winter.Checked in April all 4 battery's were broke(some nasty words were spoken) been parked since.Was having issues with two functions operating at same time,will look at it sometime when pockets are full of cash lol!
                          I had an issue with the joy stick assy. Problem was the machine would always pull to the right. I figured that one hydraulic motor was turning faster than the other after checking tire pressure. The left one was. I marked each drum, did a full rotation and the left one moved ahead of the right by a few degrees. After 5 or so revolutions the left drum was almost half a revolution ahead of the left.
                          There are pot adjustments in the joy stick box to correct this, I couldn't get it synchronized so they sent me a whole new joy stick controller with box.

As far as two functions working at the same time...... I don't think any two do. You can't raise two booms at the same time, rotate and lift at the same time etc.

As far as the batteries, I'm still on my originals. 13 years now. keeping my fingers crossed. I plug the charger in at least once a month and let them fully charge.
                          Something in the circuit is live all the time as they will run down pretty fast in a couple weeks just sitting. I've un-hooked them for long periods too.

JL...................
                          Last edited by JoeLee; 01-26-2020, 04:01 PM.

Comment

I had an issue with the joy stick assy. Problem was the machine would always pull to the right. I figured that one hydraulic motor was turning faster than the other after checking tire pressure. The left one was. I marked each drum, did a full rotation and the left one moved ahead of the right by a few degrees. After 5 or so revolutions the left drum was almost half a revolution ahead of the left.
                            There are pot adjustments in the joy stick box to correct this, I couldn't get it synchronized so they sent me a whole new joy stick controller with box.

As far as two functions working at the same time...... I don't think any two do. You can't raise two booms at the same time, rotate and lift at the same time etc.

As far as the batteries, I'm still on my originals. 13 years now. keeping my fingers crossed. I plug the charger in at least once a month and let them fully charge.
                            Something in the circuit is live all the time as they will run down pretty fast in a couple weeks just sitting. I've un-hooked them for long periods too.

JL...................
                            Ya I should have disconnected the batteries,it's not suppose do two functions at once I think there's a lot more issues with electrical than I anticipated.It can sit there till my patience improves,I have my Self Propelled Ladder to use that I built over 20 years ago,ZERO ELECTRICAL ISSUES with it lol!

I did notice the same wheel speed issue you mentioned.

Comment

If your not going to leave the batteries on charge all the time I would recommend disconnecting them because there is something live all the time in the circuit that drains them pretty fast.
                              I charge mine every couple weeks or disconnect them for a month or so and the charge them up again. Sitting idol is probably the worst thing for them so I try to rotate the process.

JL...............

Comment

back on topic. At my model club we needed a lift for locomotives up to a few hundred pounds so have a hospital bed/trolley. It had a mechanical foot operated ratchet system to lift and an hydraulic damper for lowering. We replaced that with a self contained cylinder as used on engine cranes. It has limited range though, about 2ft 6in I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X