A Little Extra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little Extra

I made an offer on some AF Kwik 200 collet tool holders the other day, and my offer was accept. Just opened the box...

Click image for larger version

Name:	A Little Something Extra.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	1852496

I know its not a lot, but its always a nice surprise when you spend a couple hundred bucks, get exactly what you ordered and there is a little extra something in the box. I put their business card in my book. I'm not going to say no to a free endmill.
    *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

That's the way to do business --- you will never forget them and will brag about it and that's good PR for the nice little effort they made,,,

I still have the local rock companies thank you card sitting in full view for when I ordered 5 tons of their crushed rock and had it delivered - two VERY nice ladies in the office that day extremely knowledgeable and friendly - guy delivering the same and right on time --- then a week later I get a hand written thank you card from them - Been bragging about them ever since. sadly - you just don't see that kind of business these days as often as you should... It's monetary gain all the way and then when your check clears screw you...

Comment

On the other hand I just bought a truck, the Salesman assured Me it did have 2 keys. I had to sign a release stating I have been given everything that was promised, which was nothing.Picked up the truck and He said sorry I guess it had only had 1 key. Had one made at a local locksmith for $70, They lost a customer for that amount.
      mark costello-Low speed steel

Comment

When I bought my Schwiess Hyd Door from Minnesota for my shop the guy I dealt with said as long as it's properly installed and if you have any problems it's our fault.WHO SAYS THAT ANYMORE,they were fantastic to deal with,I highly recommend them!

Comment

This is sort of on this subject. I had a guy do some gravel work at my place in the very rural 'up north'. He did a fantastic job and even did a little extra clean up on my existing gravel road. Payment was agreed to be done when the job was done, and I'd had a chance to look it over. My next trip was the following Saturday and was impressed by his work. Not wanting to leave without paying, I called the guy who was in his machine on another job. Asked if I could drop it off at his office somewhere, he said sure, just go to the side door, it is unlocked, go down the hall past the equipment barn, and his office was on the right side. Just put the check in his desk top center drawer. What!!??.

Well, on my way back, I did just that, and pulled all the doors shut after me. You just don't hear of that kind of trust anywhere near the city or suburbs, never have. Says something about the rural folks in this country. Makes me feel great.
          S E Michigan

Comment

Obviously I am not the only one that laments the passing of the time when a man's word was his bond. A shame really that these days one is surprised by good customer service or dealing with honorable people... (I haven't lost hope mind you) Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jmm03 View Post
              Obviously I am not the only one that laments the passing of the time when a man's word was his bond. A shame really that these days one is surprised by good customer service or dealing with honorable people... (I haven't lost hope mind you) Jim
              Yeah... I have gotten tired of this, "Yeah they totally screwed me but they are a great company because they made it right after I called them out on it." LOL
              *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

When I bought my first Cadillac, the dealership bent over backwards to make the sale, and followed up with excellent service. A few years later, I bought another one from them, but they had changed ownership. My state does not use front mounted license plates, so I requested the accessory block of plate that fills in the front bumper where the license plate would go. The salesman agreed to install it as part of the sale, but said they didn't have one in stock to match the car's color. A week later they still didn't have it. That was November, 2000. I'm still waiting. Next car came from a dealer 50 miles away.
                “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

Lewis Grizzard

Comment

I sold several lots of Clarkson autolock stuff, including separate listings for imperial and metric. One person bought three lots, so I sent them a request via ebay to look very carefully through the packing. I got a nice thankyou when they found the £5 note I had sent to cover the postage saved with only one package.

Comment

Working...
                  X