Ident these Excello mill table handles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ident these Excello mill table handles

Does anyone know the manufacturer or details on these table handles on my Excello mill? They can be disengaged from turning with the table feed by loosening the center knob and pulling them outward which pulls the pin out of the inside collar. They are then able to freewheel so that if bumped it will not effect the milling process. The inside collar is hardened and has plenty of holes for engagement with the pin. I have searched but have never seen anything like these.
    Attached Files

That design might also come in handy for not getting your ballz ripped off your body if your standing too close when you engage the auto-feed...

looks like quality stuff.

Comment

Interesting. I have an Excello and have never run across those.

Comment

Originally posted by ncjeeper View Post
        Interesting. I have an Excello and have never run across those.
        I must have looked at a hundred Excellos on line and not one had these handles. I was interested because these things could not have be inexpensive, maybe that's why we have never seen them before Besides running on that hardened collar they have ball bearings on the opposite side. They probably made two sets and the other is sitting in some warehouse somewhere

Comment

Assuming that you are not the original owner, my guess is a shop mod by a previous operator/owner.
          “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

Lewis Grizzard

Comment

Originally posted by Dave C View Post
            Assuming that you are not the original owner, my guess is a shop mod by a previous operator/owner.
            Who probably sings soprano now.

Comment

Originally posted by nickel-city-fab View Post

Who probably sings soprano now.
              Makes me cringe to tink abot it.
              “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

Lewis Grizzard

Comment

Excello made some CNC knee mills. Wonder if they're from that? Either previous owner fitted them, or your machine may have been a CNC at one time? Who knows. Some machines could tell a lot of stories I bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                  Excello made some CNC knee mills. Wonder if they're from that? Either previous owner fitted them, or your machine may have been a CNC at one time? Who knows. Some machines could tell a lot of stories I bet.
                  Possible. Its interesting to me that so far nobody has seen these before. I have a hard time believing some shop made these as they would have had to cast the wheels and pretty much make everything else. Yes could be but quite the amount of work and rather complicated as well. Maybe the CNC mill is a more likely possibility but I would think they would show up somewhere? Weird eh!

Comment

Working...
                  X