Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a head for No2 and No3 intercahangable for Kearney & Trecker Milwaukee Model K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a head for No2 and No3 intercahangable for Kearney & Trecker Milwaukee Model K

Are the heads for a No2 and No3 the same size? Fasttrack has point out an auction where there are two heads for sell. The problem is they are not identified as No3 or No2.

I have a No3 looking for measurements center to center of the over head rods, center to center to the shaft and rods. and side to side for the vertical way. (where it clamps)

I will post my measurements as soon as I get home. Thank for any help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mill size.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	1853207

Comment

According to this document; http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/2098/4133.pdf The 2k machine has 4 1/4" overarms and the 3k machine is a 5" overarm. Page 17 is where this is and some other overarm information is given. There are a lot of K&T documents on the vintage machinery site, some dealing with the different vertical heads available.

lg
      no neat sig line

Comment

Yup you are right. I fired off the question to the auction house as to what is the size of the holes in the back. Not listed and no photos show the holes. Got two days to closing. I might give them a call.

Larry.... Thanks for finding that. glad I asked before I pulled the trigger on that possible mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by outlawspeeder View Post
          Yup you are right. I fired off the question to the auction house as to what is the size of the holes in the back. Not listed and no photos show the holes. Got two days to closing. I might give them a call.

Larry.... Thanks for finding that. glad I asked before I pulled the trigger on that possible mistake.
          I've done business with Quaker City Auctioneers before. They're usually pretty decent to work with over the phone and in-person. They don't always get to emails quickly, though. Do let me know if you decide to bid on anything. It may affect how seriously I bid on a few items. I won't leave you high and dry if you win something.

Comment

As soon as I find out if they will fit???
            Last edited by outlawspeeder; 02-04-2020, 08:45 PM.

Comment

No they are not interchangeable. The 2K is built on a 3H body, the 3K is built on a 4H body.

Overarm Diameters
              1H,2HL = 2-7/8"
              2H = 3-5/8"
              2K,2KM,3H = 4-1/4"
              3K,3KM,4H = 5"
              4K,5H = 5-3/4"

Comment

Wow So can a 2k, 2KM,3H be bored out to 5"? Is the spacing wrong. Only joking. Thanks for the info. Waiting on the auction house to give the answer to what size they are.

Comment

Working...
                X