O.T. bub-bye ugly tesla truck...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.T. bub-bye ugly tesla truck...

900 ponies, zero to 60 in 2.9 seconds with a range of over 600 miles (elec.hyd.),,, did I mention it's beyond normal looking and in fact kinda looks like a tricked out Taco? aren't you glad you held off from buying that ugly tesla truck? oh --- you bought one already? ugh - never mind (sorry lol)

https://news.yahoo.com/nikola-announ...111606981.html

Don't try this either.............https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie79Jk9Ob2s

Comment

Battery electric version with 600mi range: typical battery car gets 3-4 miles per kw-hr of battery storage, doubt this monster would
      even get 3 mi/kw-hr, suspect less. But charitably that suggests 200 kw-hr battery which at $100/kw-hr (a definitely low ball cost) is
      $20k just for the battery. More likely north of $30k. Wonder what fuel the fuel cell demands? As some of the commenters on
      yahoo noted, mi/kw-hr are going to shrink a lot if juice needed to heat or cool the passengers or if you are pulling a load. These
      trucks are for company owners only, can't imagine any selling for under $100k.

A bit of study suggests, as I suspected, fuel cells are fueled by hydrogen which mostly comes from NG and requires really high
      pressure storage tanks to store a reasonable amount of fuel. Cryogenic hydrogen would be more effective but an order of
      magnitude more expensive. Space X uses RP-1 (ie kerosene variant) and is considering LNG but hasn't yet gone that route.

Further edit: cost of fuel cell operation: https://fuelcellsetc.com/fuel-cell-q...-cost-operate/
      Last edited by sch; 02-11-2020, 05:00 PM.
      Steve

Comment

its not a pickup truck if it can't fit a sheet of plywood.
        in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post
          its not a pickup truck if it can't fit a sheet of plywood.
          That's what I keep saying but it's becoming harder and harder to find a full-size bed on the lot at the local dealerships <grumble grumble>

Comment

Yeah but would it not be cool to have a factory sticker on the passenger visor saying; "driver is not responsible for passengers swallowing their own tongue"

I would think zero to 60 in 2.9 seconds would about do it...

You don't need a huge bed to carry plywood, you just put what they call "kickers" in from the bottom of the bed to the top opposing side (5 ft long 2x4's) --- you can carry allot that way - same with sheet rock...

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttrack View Post

That's what I keep saying but it's becoming harder and harder to find a full-size bed on the lot at the local dealerships <grumble grumble>
              I just went through that. I managed to write off my faithful Ranger over the Christmas holidays due to a patch of ice and maybe too old (not worn, just older) tires. Looking around at newer but used trucks I was thinking a regular cab and longer box. No dice. That combo has been special order only for the last 10 years according to some sales folks that I asked.

And I don't care what their stylists and sample groups say. That Cybertruck of theirs is just plain fugly. I've seen low budget EOTWAWKI movies with better done props.... And that from a company who's other offerings are slick as sex on wheels.
              Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post

I just went through that. I managed to write off my faithful Ranger over the Christmas holidays due to a patch of ice and maybe too old (not worn, just older) tires. Looking around at newer but used trucks I was thinking a regular cab and longer box. No dice. That combo has been special order only for the last 10 years according to some sales folks that I asked.
                Many buyers want an extended cab or a crew cab. Even if you don't want the extra passenger capacity, the extra room is good for secure storage. The long bed model shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

More electric vehicles, the better. The next car I buy will be pure electric. They are the future.

Comment

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post

Many buyers want an extended cab or a crew cab. Even if you don't want the extra passenger capacity, the extra room is good for secure storage. The long bed model shouldn't be an issue.
                    You cannot buy a new ranger that is not extended or crew. Not made. Extended at least has a 6 foot bed, crew has 4 or 5 foot... a yuppie truck, needs the special frame to hold groceries in the back like some of the others have.

Keep eye on ball.
                    Hashim Khan

Comment

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post

That's the theory, in practice it's a place to pile junk. I would much prefer a truck with bedside toolboxes and a 4x8 ft box.
                      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by Franz©
                        People who uy Testicless electric trucks get their plywood all cut up for them before it's loaded.
                        It's sort of like how mommie cuts their meat and beans on their plate before they can eat them.
                        Nah - like i said just use kickers,,, never stopped me from hauling dozens of full 4X8 sheets of plywood in my little Mazda B-2600-I along with same for sheet rock,

crazy little "thang" happens when you put them on an angle --- talk about testicaless, try watching some guy named "bubba" try to get a piece of furniture in his house that just don't seem to want to fit in the door, ramming and cussing and swearing when the little lady who actually wears the pants in the house grabs it and goes through the door with it diagonally --- now that's testicaless --- learning how to use a smaller truck to do what many think takes a full size? that's what you call downright manly...

Comment

Originally posted by wierdscience View Post

That's the theory, in practice it's a place to pile junk. I would much prefer a truck with bedside toolboxes and a 4x8 ft box.
                          In the F-150 extended cab (not super or crew cab), you can have both. The extra space in the back with the folding seats and still have an 8' bed.

Comment

Originally posted by wierdscience View Post

You are obviously not married and do not travel in the truck with your wife, or you would clearly understand the issues! There are work only trucks, and there are mixed use trucks.

Keep eye on ball.
                            Hashim Khan

Comment

My Tacoma is extended cab. NOBODY ever sits behind me... it's piled full of "my stuff". 6 foot bed... tailgate down 7'6.. plenty for plywood which I rest up on the tailgate. Wife love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X