Two post car lift for my machine shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two post car lift for my machine shop

I am getting too crippled to be crawling around on my knees servicing my lawn mower. My thinking is a two post 4Ton car lift would be a good solution. Also for pressure washing the decks. Changing the tires and such. Are there things to look out for in one or are they pretty standard in their design? I would locate it in my shop so I could also use it to lift machines I am building. A firewood processor is in the works now and I can see some things might be easier to do if I could lift it and get under it.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Check the required foundation. I've seen a few where they cut out the floor to pour a base for them.
    *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

A 4 ton lift is not going to take too thick of a floor to install it on my 10 ton only required 4" of concrete as it's base. It had to have a certain margin of cement between the hold down holes and the edges of the cement.
      I did not want anything on the ground to drive over so all my hyds and cables are overhead.
      You can probably find a 4 ton lift that is portable.

THANX RICH
      People say I'm getting crankier as I get older. That's not it. I just find I enjoy annoying people a lot more now. Especially younger people!!!

Comment

I put a 9000 pound lift in my shop back in 2005. It is awesome. It is a low post lift because of my ceiling height. Most 2 post lifts are about the same.

Comment

Do you remember all the pics I've shared of using my lift? Get a good name brand!

Best tool in the shop next to the bandsaw!

I use it for lifting everything and anything heavy!

I have a rotary.

Andy

Comment

I bought a MaxJax. It is a mid-lift. Max lift about 4 feet. Capacity 6000 pounds as I recall. I wish I'd bought it years ago.

Ed

For just a little more, you can do it yourself!

Comment

You could get something like this:
              Find HSL1125 Movable Single-post Lift;Car lift from China Manufacturer, Manufactory, Factory and Supplier - Hauvrex Automotive Equipment (Lin'an) Co., Ltd. on ECVV.com
              Helder Ferreira
              Setubal, Portugal

Comment

The last thing I would ever buy that was Made In China is a vehicle lift. Talk about Russian Roulette...

Comment

Originally posted by Noitoen View Post
                  You could get something like this:
                  That is not heavy duty enough for my lawn mower. It is only rated for 2500kg. And I think I will buy something made in Germany! I am not sure how good the Chinese are at welding.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post

That is not heavy duty enough for my lawn mower. It is only rated for 2500kg. And I think I will buy something made in Germany! I am not sure how good the Chinese are at welding.
                    I didn't mean buying that one. It's just the concept of being portable. I've seen one heavy duty for trucks that had 4 remote synchronized battery operated posts that you move to the truck and lift it. When not in use, park it in the corner.
                    Helder Ferreira
                    Setubal, Portugal

Comment

Originally posted by Noitoen View Post

I didn't mean buying that one. It's just the concept of being portable. I've seen one heavy duty for trucks that had 4 remote synchronized battery operated posts that you move to the truck and lift it. When not in use, park it in the corner.
                      I want the ground to be completely free. Nothing to drive over. I had thought about just buying a 6t forklift which I still might do.

Comment

I remember, long ago, service garages had a big 2+ meter tall, 300+mm diameter pneumatic cylinder buried on the floor with a sort of "H" frame on top that would lift the vehicles for service
                        Helder Ferreira
                        Setubal, Portugal

Comment

Working...
                        X