Kinda OT Hit & Miss salt flat racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda OT Hit & Miss salt flat racer

A buddy of mine sent me this pic of a JD hit -n-miss powered belly tank racer. Looks legit but I haven’t been able to find much on it on the interweb. Anyone recognize it?
    Sole proprietor of Acme Buggy Whips Ltd.
    Specialty products for beating dead horses.

I believe that race car was shown in Cali. at the AMBR show.

THANX RICH
    People say I'm getting crankier as I get older. That's not it. I just find I enjoy annoying people a lot more now. Especially younger people!!!

Comment

That's awesome. Never once occurred to me to race a hit n miss engine, but that might motivate me a bit more to start restoring the 2 that my Dad has in his back shed

Comment

Have to hand it to people who do these kinds of things. Soap box racing was a thing in my young days. I built my own car and raced it once, but I always was building different versions and piloting them down the small hills in my neighborhood. Nothing was powered, but it sure was fun.

My version of it nowadays would probably be something electric, not hit and miss, but that's pretty cool anyway. That's a neat looking buggy-
        I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

What to go 30 mph.. its like 500 US or more to enter for bike week. RUN WHAT ya Brung might only be 100 or 200. And you will need current helmet, etc, etc..

Comment

That thing boggles the mind, sorry i don't care how strong the frame that's holding that engine is --- I still would want the engine in front of me at least in this case...

can you imagine how frustrating it would be to hook up a cruise control to that thing lol

Comment

My buddy has a couple hit and miss engines from his father in law. I know a drop tank may be hard to find but we have this old CI bathtub laying around and some wheels...😀
              Sole proprietor of Acme Buggy Whips Ltd.
              Specialty products for beating dead horses.

Comment

I may still have 6 or so wing tanks.. got to check if they are still there..

Comment

The crazy thing is that the group that governs the speed records has so many categories for so many candidates that the Hit or Miss racer might have a chance at a record of some sort in some obscure lesser category. Or it may well be some buddies that simply want something to take to Speed Week for the fun of being there and having a run attempt speed slip to frame and hang on the wall.

Some biking buddies and I have brainstormed up a 50 or 100cc streamliner bike idea for giggles and just the experience of going down to Speed Week. The project hasn't gotten out of the coffee shop yet though....
                  Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Every time that engine "hit' it would stretch your neck.
                    Brian Rupnow

Comment

Here is another type of car fun. https://www.drivingline.com/articles...junkies-dream/ I've been to this event and it has had folks from all over the world come, and even bring parts of a car to assemble and race. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclekart https://www.cyclekartclub.com/forum/

TX
                      Mr fixit for the family
                      Chris

Comment

Working...
                      X