OT priorities in life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT priorities in life

This guy seems to have his priorities figured out. It's exactly what i want out of life. Not sure about some of it though -- he stuffed a Chevrolet big block into the lawnmower. Video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzVBpddpK2k

(for those unfamiliar, this engine is typically 454 cu.in. or 7.4 liters...)
    Last edited by nickel-city-fab; 02-14-2020, 08:19 PM.

Guys insane --- I almost threw-up watching that video,,, but it was worth it... surprisingly stable at high speed...

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
      Guys insane --- I almost threw-up watching that video,,, but it was worth it... surprisingly stable at high speed...
      I hope he was wearing a helmet and has his insurance paid up... but somehow I doubt it. That is a one-to-one power to weight ratio.

Comment

Ohh...AHHH, OOOH,...AHHH...oooh. I gotta smoke a ciggie after that one! Thanks, i needed that. Reminds me of my distant yoot. Nothing like good ol' American horsepower. Makes me wanna go build somethin' LOUD & insane!
        Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Originally posted by DICKEYBIRD View Post
          Ohh...AHHH, OOOH,...AHHH...oooh. I gotta smoke a ciggie after that one! Thanks, i needed that. Reminds me of my distant yoot. Nothing like good ol' American horsepower. Makes me wanna go build somethin' LOUD & insane!
          You too... best fun I ever had was with a 396. You knew it when the secondaries opened up.

Comment

Redneck crotch rocket. Not impressed.
            http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
            Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
            USA Maryland 21030

Comment

ah come on, what else is there to do after he finished all the landscaping projects and cleaned up the yard but put a V8 in garden tractor?

I don't get the appeal, but most of the world looks at someone who makes model engines and wonders why. Different strokes. Might also be where you are in life. Suped up modified cars once held interest, couldn't care less now and wonder about that guy.....same name on the birth certificate though, go figure.
              Last edited by Mcgyver; 02-14-2020, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post
                ah come on, what else is there to do after he finished all the landscaping projects and cleaned up the yard but put a V8 in garden tractor?
                You nailed it Mcgyver lol!

Comment

That guy is laughing all the way to the bank! He had over five million views on that video alone. He is getting paid pretty good money for his fun. Although I do have to say it didn't look like he really needed a lawn mover of any kind by the looks of his "yard".

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

The dude is nuts. That can't be very stable at those speeds. One day he will push it.....

Comment

If you had a spare BBC sitting around, why wouldn't you put it in something, ummmm, better than a mower? its not even a mower anymore. its a BBC with a crummy chassis.
                      I thought a V8 in a motorcycle was crazy, but , OH wait, didnt somebody already do a V8 washing machine?

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo View Post
                        If you had a spare BBC sitting around, why wouldn't you put it in something, ummmm, better than a mower? its not even a mower anymore. its a BBC with a crummy chassis.
                        I thought a V8 in a motorcycle was crazy, but , OH wait, didnt somebody already do a V8 washing machine?
                        He is doing it to get views on YouTube. He gets money based on how many views. If he put it in something normal or practical no one would look at it and he wouldn't make money.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post

He is doing it to get views on YouTube. He gets money based on how many views. If he put it in something normal or practical no one would look at it and he wouldn't make money.
                          that's a point....any sense of what his few million hits pays? Is there a business case here? Should I have I not tossed that Maytag?

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post

that's a point....any sense of what his few million hits pays? Is there a business case here? Should I have I not tossed that Maytag?
                            Million hits is good for around $2k depending. On how you have the advertising set up. 5 million hits could be 10k. He didn't have a lot of ads though, so he probably only got half that.
                            Last edited by nickel-city-fab; 02-15-2020, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post

Is he any different that some of the others that a few here worship? Abomb,,NYcNc, etc., etc., guys who get viewers to pay just to watch them. Kind of like a NYC, Times Square Peep Show. Don't forget the Patreon page and the channel merchandise.

Comment

Working...
                              X