Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post

Thank you as well.
    Yup. It will be a good read. I love all the articles. From the pic Geo posted it looks like you have been using it often. That front knurl almost looks brass. Thanks for the article Jerry... JR

Comment

Just wanted to check... Can you guys see the picture I re-posted in post #43?
      Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post
        Just wanted to check... Can you guys see the picture I re-posted in post #43?
        yes

Comment

Three lathe carriage stops that I have made and find pretty handy.

The first I made 30+ years ago, for a 6" Atlas. Pretty straightforward - two dowels pressed into the front block are a sliding fit in the rear block, with socket head screw to clamp. The locking handle on the stop screw was ground so it would lock in a convenient position.

The second is for a 13" Standard Modern. 20 tpi screw allowed an adjusting dial with 50 thousandths markings. Screw has a keyway on bottom to keep it from turning. The clamping plate has two projections with half-round tops, just like some strap clamps. One fits into a half round groove milled into the body of the stop, the other bears against the lathe bed. I use this scheme often, as it gives good contact with no twisting of the clamp plate.

The third is also for the Standard Modern, and is the one I use most often. Pretty simple - stop screw with lock handle, no graduations. But the long knurled screw on the front face is for mounting a lug back dial indicator.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Gentlemen;

I posted this message on the Hobby Machinist Forum, but it's applicable to any of the 12"x36" import lathes that share a common 'ancestry'...
            take a look and see if you can use it!
            https://www.hobby-machinist.com/thre...ge-stop.90318/

Best Regards,
            Lou O.Click image for larger version

Name:	CL-3.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	1929195

Comment

Working...
            X