Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O/T: DNA. Seems like I am French-ish. Any other folks try this DNA test?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DNA tests make certain assumptions, ansd it seems that they do it without having done much research before they took off. Kind of like not having any refenece for American Indian. ANd I doubt they make any allowance for forced and voluntary migrations. So a family could have someone in their past who was from a different, but that hardly changes their reall family history like some of these moronic ads would suggest. For instance - your family could be from Scotland, but then, that is a mix of Scotland, Scandinavia (Vikings) with a captured Irish slave or 2...

Comment

Originally posted by flylo View Post
      aunt told me for years we had a man in the family that came over on the Maytag. Heard it a couple hundred times & always the Maytag. Must have been a long trip but a clean one.
      Maybe she meant that a man had her bent over the maytag , you know how stories change over time and place.Lol
      Steve

Comment

I was persuaded to have my Y-DNA checked by somebody who has the same surname. It turned out that we're not noticeably related, but I discovered another namesake who is a very close match. Since our last common ancestor was over two centuries ago, it leaves me with the nice knowledge that our forefathers were exactly who our foremothers said they were!

George B.

Comment

Originally posted by doctor demo View Post

Maybe she meant that a man had her bent over the maytag , you know how stories change over time and place.Lol
          Steve
          LOL. That was Rude. JR
          My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Originally posted by Georgineer View Post
            I was persuaded to have my Y-DNA checked by somebody who has the same surname. It turned out that we're not noticeably related, but I discovered another namesake who is a very close match. Since our last common ancestor was over two centuries ago, it leaves me with the nice knowledge that our forefathers were exactly who our foremothers said they were!

George B.
            I didnt actually do the test. I am going off my only sibling (Tracey) and her resultes. Should be the same Hahahaa.

My wife, mother and father (non-bio) all tested and some were surprised by the results as for ancestor.

My mother also did a dna test per her Dr to narrow down what medicine would most likely work. She is 75.

My mom and uncle did find their long lost brother and sister. Same Mom, diff fathers. They reunited here not too long ago. And yes they had lived together as a family in Ohio but got separated never to be seen again for without dna.

Remember when that tech was just starting not bong {sic} ago. It was like the house sized Computer to our phones.

Anyway. I don't do it cause I don't want the cops booting my door down in the middle of the night to haul me off

No DNA on today's menu thank you. JR

My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Working...
            X