Gee, didn't see this coming...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gee, didn't see this coming...

Looks like his parachute ripped off at launch. Am I jerk for laughing out loud?
    Daredevil Flat-Earther ‘Mad’ Mike Hughes has died after launching himself into the sky in a homemade rocket. Purported video of the accident shows the fatal launch.

Damn, landed just short of the earth’s edge.

Comment

Geesh, he crashed in 2018 bad with multiple injuries and believed the earth was flat.

I am reminded of the aviation saying "there are lots of old pilots, lots of foolish pilots BUT there are NO old foolish pilots"

Comment

Just thinking, this is almost in Darwin Award territory, worthy of a honourable mention at least.

Comment

Well, now he can have God explain Physics to him. I'm sure it will be enlightening.

Comment

Well, he didn't get to prove that the earth was flat, but he at least got to prove that the earth is hard!

Comment

Originally posted by SLK001 View Post
              Well, he didn't get to prove that the earth was flat, but he at least got to prove that the earth is hard!
              OK, I laughed.

Comment

He was certainly eccentric. I remember watching an interview with him a few years ago and came to the conclusion that the flat earth stuff was absolute bunk, and he was only hitching a ride so to speak on that crazy train to fund his rocket builds. I could be wrong, and I guess we'll never know, but he was certainly an interesting character that's for sure. Hell of a way to go too. To have it all on video too. He will be immortalized in internet memes for ever. RIP.

Comment

He just joined the "Splat Earth Society"
                  Last edited by wierdscience; 02-23-2020, 09:30 AM.
                  I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                    Looks like his parachute ripped off at launch. Am I jerk for laughing out loud?
                    Yes.

Comment

I'm a jerk too!

Comment

Better then watching Evil the Weevil try to jump Snake Canyon. I always enjoy watching stupid people kill themselves.
                        The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Wow,,, freedom of thinking can be downright dangerous, no - could not laugh just shake my head in disbelief, so guess it's safe to say that was the parachute that was supposed to deploy for him to land safely? could be as simple as not calculating the G-force exertion forces on the parachute button or internal contacts that activate it - OR same thing that ended Evel Knieval's jump across the snake river, IIRC he was holding a spring loaded parachute deploy mechanism as a safety control so if he passed out the parachute would open --- and that's exactly what happened - he passed out and the parachute opened.... luckily for him it as least still stayed attached to the mainframe, talk about premature ejaculation --- look at all the hype and the crowd, you can just hear the screams of "we want our money back" lol

https://youtu.be/2p1khN1xyBw

Edit; L.N. you got in two minutes ahead of me lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                            He was certainly eccentric. I remember watching an interview with him a few years ago and came to the conclusion that the flat earth stuff was absolute bunk, and he was only hitching a ride so to speak on that crazy train to fund his rocket builds. I could be wrong, and I guess we'll never know, but he was certainly an interesting character that's for sure. Hell of a way to go too. To have it all on video too. He will be immortalized in internet memes for ever. RIP.
                            I saw an interview with him. I don't think he believed in the flat tard stuff, just hooking the cash from it. Not the brightest bulb on the block as if you really were trying to see the curve of the earth you could pay for a ride in a MiG and see it for yourself. Why doesn't the flattard society pay for one of their esteemed members to take that ride and report back? Gee I wonder...

Comment

The earth may not be flat, but he is now.

I can't help but think of the old Wylie Coyote cartoons seeing that.

Comment

Working...
                              X