No announcement yet.

Gee, didn't see this coming...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, he found out that something was flat...one thing can be said, he had the balls to put his money where his mouth was,however misguided it may seem to be.

Comment

Originally posted by BMW Rider View Post

The earth may not be flat, but he is now.

I can't help but think of the old Wylie Coyote cartoons seeing that.
      I knew it reminded me of something but could not quite pin it down..

You know - you have to admit - pretty impressive for steam power... so must have just sat there "cooking" a boiler till he got up to a certain pressure and then let er rip (no pun intended on what happened to the chute)
      Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 02-23-2020, 11:00 AM.

Comment

All I can say about all of this, is "gravity is a cruel mistress"!

Gravity - It's not just a good idea, it's the LAW!

Comment

There was some speculation last time that he was playing up the flat earth thing merely to get donations from the gullible flat earthers LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Galaxie View Post
            There was some speculation last time that he was playing up the flat earth thing merely to get donations from the gullible flat earthers LOL
            I believe it

Comment

This guy was doing it for the attention, and maybe some monetary rewards. He was trying to go 5000 feet, why not just jump into a plane and cruise at 30,000 feet? Because it was all a hoax.

Comment

Geez, reminded me of some Estes Rocket failures I had as a kid. I don't get the whole thing, there's got to be easier methods of suicide. Also, while it's not evident from the internet whether he had kids, can you get a Darwin if you've already reproduced? It does illustrate that you usually don't find people in their 60s this stupid, they tend to winnow themselves early or wise up.

Comment

Something else none of us seen coming --- the guy had live streaming footage that got temporarily stuck in a cloud -- but they got it all down, he was not crazy --- the earth is flat! --- it's flat as a pancake ! it's true!!! the earth is flat!

Comment

Originally posted by wierdscience View Post

He just joined the "Splat Earth Society"
                    Line of the day!

Comment

He must have had an instant gnarly headache there for a few seconds before he passed out. Did anybody get a radio message from him at all?

I wonder how many gees he was pulling- maybe he passed out right away.

Of course I also wondered about the flat earth. If earth was flat, there would be 'the other side'. It would be reasonable to assume that people just like you would be living there. And they wouldn't be that far away from you either. If you dug, you would potentially come up in someones back yard, maybe even into their sewage pit, maybe into a buried power line. No wonder they tell you not to dig too deep-
                      Last edited by darryl; 02-23-2020, 08:16 PM.
                      I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Some athletes are flat earthers:

https://www.thesportster.com/enterta...ory-believers/

I think one of them said he proved it because a drink he had on the plane on a long trip was still level.
                        http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                        Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                        USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Originally posted by PStechPaul View Post
                          Some athletes are flat earthers:

https://www.thesportster.com/enterta...ory-believers/

I think one of them said he proved it because a drink he had on the plane on a long trip was still level.

That's why when I need some astrophysical advise, I don't ask an athlete. And when I want to up my basketball skills, I don't see and astrophysicist or astronomer.

That said, I have know at least one guy who held a masters degree from MIT and was one of the most intelligent and (pardon the pun) down to earth people you would ever meet. He was something of an acknowledged expert in his technical specialty. And for a while anyhow, was all over the flat earth thing. It was a bit unsettling, really.

Comment

I know a young girl who's a flat earther - has an answer for everything, smoking hot too so while I don't agree i just act interested in the "theory" ...

Comment

Originally posted by darryl View Post
                              If earth was flat, there would be 'the other side'. It would be reasonable to assume that people just like you would be living there. And they wouldn't be that far away from you either. If you dug, you would potentially come up in someones back yard, maybe even into their sewage pit, maybe into a buried power line. No wonder they tell you not to dig too deep-
                              That's ridiculous. The "other side," is on the bottom facing down, so anyone on that side has already simply fallen off the earth.
                              The reason they tell you not to dig too deep is so you don't slip through and fall off too.
                              Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Originally posted by lynnl View Post

That's ridiculous. The "other side," is on the bottom facing down, so anyone on that side has already simply fallen off the earth.
                                The reason they tell you not to dig too deep is so you don't slip through and fall off too.
                                Yeah - i mean - there's still a thing called "gravity" (duhhhaah)

there is another side but nothings really on it - water won't stay - it's very dry like an overheated flap jack... it's actually the bottom side of our top crust that we walk around on and shoot manned rockets into and stuff like that...

I am finding a little humor in it now, but unlike RB I at least gave the body a chance to cool down some, once that happens the statute of limitations is up and it's pretty much a free-for-all anything goes....

Comment

Working...
                                X