No announcement yet.

Gee, didn't see this coming...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the "other side" was strapped to a giant space turtle?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	aZM80LQ_460s.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	1857627
    Last edited by RB211; 02-24-2020, 03:18 PM.

Comment

No, that turtle (or four huge elephants), are supported by an even larger turtle, and it's "Turtles all the way down"

Click image for larger version  Name:	220px-PSM_V10_D562_The_hindoo_earth.jpg Views:	0 Size:	11.2 KB ID:	1857637Click image for larger version  Name:	170px-River_terrapin.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.5 KB ID:	1857638

I don't see why this guy didn't just get a high altitude balloon and ride it up to 53,000 feet (10 miles) which is about the limit of human survival without a pressurized suit. Should be high enough to see the curvature of the earth. View from 100,000 feet:

Click image for larger version

Name:	220px-Picture_taken_at_aprox._100%2C000_feet_above_Oregon_by_Justin_Hamel_and_Chris_Thompson.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	1857640
      Last edited by PStechPaul; 02-24-2020, 04:01 PM.
      http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
      Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
      USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Well he could of just asked a pilot if the Earth is flat. Guess he can't trust anyone who sprays mind control juice all over the skies.

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
          Well he could of just asked a pilot if the Earth is flat. Guess he can't trust anyone who sprays mind control juice all over the skies.
          So it IS true......

Comment

Originally posted by PStechPaul View Post
            I don't see why this guy didn't just get a high altitude balloon and ride it up to 53,000 feet (10 miles) which is about the limit of human survival without a pressurized suit. Should be high enough to see the curvature of the earth.
            What you're seeing at high altitude is the roundness of the edge of the flat earth. The earth, you see, is like a dinner plate - flat and round. That's why you see the roundness of the earth at high altitude!

Comment

But if you keep flying toward the horizon (or edge of the flat earth), the shape stays the same. You never get to the edge. And if you keep flying for about 25,000 miles, you will be back where you started from. Explain that with flat earthology...
              http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
              Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
              USA Maryland 21030

Comment

With the flat earthers why is the flat earth round but still flat? Are we sure it isn't rectangular, or square or any one of the Geo designs available. If you watch this documentary (https://www.netflix.com/title/81015076) on flat earthers they even show a model of the earth as round but flat.

Some very humerus comments here too!

TX
                Mr fixit for the family
                Chris

Comment

Well I dug, and dug, and dug some more- didn't come out the other side. Maybe I'm opposite the Himalayas-

My dad stopped us at about 6 feet- we were in over our heads-
                  I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

The curvature is easily seen at 41,000 ft

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Fixit View Post
                      With the flat earthers why is the flat earth round but still flat? Are we sure it isn't rectangular, or square or any one of the Geo designs available

TX
                      Mr fixit for the family
                      Chris
                      If the "flat earth" was anything but round the shadow cast on the moon would look different, unless you go all in and believe the moon has it's own source of illumination like many of those flat earth believers would tell you.

The news of this flat earth rocket crash will be heard around the globe!

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by PStechPaul View Post
                        But if you keep flying toward the horizon (or edge of the flat earth), the shape stays the same. You never get to the edge. And if you keep flying for about 25,000 miles, you will be back where you started from. Explain that with flat earthology...
                        Well, the compass acts to keep you going in circles - that's why you can fly 25,000 miles and end up where you started from - you flew in a circle. It's very difficult to go over the edge, but not impossible - Amelia Earhart flew off the edge... The Malaysian Airliner flew off the edge... Part of the Bermuda Triangle is off the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by jmm03 View Post
                          well, he found out that something was flat...one thing can be said, he had the balls to put his money where his mouth was,however misguided it may seem to be.
                          And his mouth is probably where his balls ended up when he hit the ground.
                          The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Anyone with half a brain knows that a sphere cannot hold water, pour some water on a basketball and see how much it holds, how's that working out for you? (Duh)

the earth is not only flat, it has edges on the outside to keep the water from slipping into space...

Comment

Flat earth theory: So if I dig a hole to the opposite side of the flat earth and fall into it, won't I pop out on the opposite side, only then to fall back into that hole, then to repeat this falling over and over and over? How do I miss all the crude oil and magma on my way through?

Someone mentioned the MIT guy's belief in flat earth. Never conflate highly developed skill with intelligence. They exist separately in humans. I personally know a surgeon who is close to a miracle worker in her field, almost unheard of positive results. Yet, I would not trust her to watch my dog even for an hour. Many years of education and practice has honed her surgical skill to the finest world wide level, yet day to day, she is about as brainless a person as I've ever witnessed. No, you just can't assume one begets the other.

S E Michigan

Comment

I wonder if he realized his parachute was deployed on the launch.?
                                he may have time to think about it all the way

Comment

Working...
                                X